TopBikeKit

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Anyone had dealings with this outfit.
Placed an order with this company for a controller plus add on's.
Paid for delivery by DHL, which was horrendously expensive.
Got a response a few days later with a tracking number, which when tracked was delivered to Germany???
Today a package turned up by Fedex (the cheaper option), with the add on's but no controller?

Email response seems non existent!

Looks like Ive been had..... Beware!

Luckily paid by PayPal

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
I’ve used them several times (pre-Brexit) and not had any issues. Normally takes a day or so to get an email reply and DHL delivery in about a week.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I’ve used them several times (pre-Brexit) and not had any issues. Normally takes a day or so to get an email reply and DHL delivery in about a week.
Thanks for the reply.
As I said did pay for DHL shipping, but this outfit decided to use the slower & cheaper Fedex option.
Disappointingly they decided to omit the controller in the package.
The box was tiny and what I did receive was crammed so tight into it!
Looks like they try and make money by scamming their buyers now???
Oh well will wait a couple of days for a an email reply, failing that over to PayPal!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've used them a few times without any problems. Remember that they're Chinese. When communicating, keep messages short, simple and to the point.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I've used them a few times without any problems. Remember that they're Chinese. When communicating, keep messages short, simple and to the point.
And +8 hours on us. I would not expect a reply until 2-3am on Monday. Keep the packaging, it may help to show them the size of the box your stuff came in to help prove there was no room for a controller. Don't forget people try to scam sellers all the time, esp. on the other side of the world, look at Ebay here.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
And +8 hours on us. I would not expect a reply until 2-3am on Monday. Keep the packaging, it may help to show them the size of the box your stuff came in to help prove there was no room for a controller. Don't forget people try to scam sellers all the time, esp. on the other side of the world, look at Ebay here.
It won't be a scam. Instead, it maybe a misunderstanding between China and the German warehouse.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It won't be a scam. Instead, it maybe a misunderstanding between China and the German warehouse.
I meant buyers scamming sellers by claiming they have not received all goods sent. Good point that it may have been sent via their German warehouse, hence the strange tracking.

Linfitter

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2012
Huddersfield
Anyone had dealings with this outfit.
Placed an order with this company for a controller plus add on's.
Paid for delivery by DHL, which was horrendously expensive.
Got a response a few days later with a tracking number, which when tracked was delivered to Germany???
Today a package turned up by Fedex (the cheaper option), with the add on's but no controller?

Email response seems non existent!

Looks like Ive been had..... Beware!

Luckily paid by PayPal
I did the same. waited 3months for goods which never turned up. Got in touch with them and got nowhere so set on PayPal explaining that I hadn't been given a tracking number for Fedex. Had hardly finished contacting them before the £80 quid or so was back in my Bank Account. This Topbikekit is definitely a site to beware of.

P.S.
Contacted TorqueTech a British Company who knows what he his talking about. Explained that my Tektro Auriga hydraulic brakes would definitely work with the KT Controller that he sells when I had been led to believe that they would not. Anyway decided to get Shrink Wrap 2and3 pin JST connectors. Crimping Pliers and pin separating tools and as soon as I get these I shall attack my bike which has been off the road for too long.

Yours sincerely
Linfitter.

• Useful
Reactions: MontyPAS

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Will keep you all updated on how this goes.
The tracking number they send me was delivered today 21/05/21 13:26 to an address in MARKLOHE, NS DE ??
My delivery was delivered by Fedex (despite paying for the more expensive DHL) at 12:24 to Cornwall UK.
Minus the controller!
Completely different tracking number which was not supplied.???

I think its a scam, but will give them time to resolve!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My last order was a bare hub motor , kt controller , lcd4, bz10 PAS and a few other silly cheap bits, all arrived nicely packaged but did take a whole month. The tracking number never did work but it did arrive DHL.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Heard back from TBK.
They wanted pictures packaging, of what had been sent and the weight of received box.
Upshot is, they are sending the missing controller out Monday. Not sure of delivery method or timescale!
But a thumbs up for response and resolution!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is all that can be done for distance selling, a controller will add 250 - 300 grams to a package so if missing they will know by weight.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Received the missing controller today by Fedex!
After emailing them direct and not using the chat option online, this was resolved pretty quickly.
They are polite and helpful when contacted directly.... So I take back my concerns with scamming completely.

Now I need some info on programming the KT unit!
Can anyone recommend or point me towards some info.

Controller is KT36/48SVPRM
Display is LCD3

My intention is to use the above with my Yose 36v 350w rear motor unit, but run at 48v

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller is likely to work straight out of the bag once connected.
For P settings.
P1. Value is motor magnets (not speed signal magnets) x the internal gearing ratio.
Which hub is being used ?
P2. Is the speed signal, how many magnets ? In most cases it will be 1 or possibly 6.
P3. Is controller mode for PAS, 0 speed control or 1 for current control.
P4. Throttle operation, 0 always active or 1 pedal 1st to activate.
P5. Is voltage mode/damping and how a bar display shows the battery use as a rough guide.
The lcd3 has a live voltage read out so P5 matters not tbh.

C1. Is dependant on the PAS type used. Basic ones with mag disc the value will be 1 -3 & the all in one V12 type value 5 - 7.
C2. Phase wire switching, zero is the default. All the hubs I have used 0 worked straight out of the bag.
C3. PAS ratio gear. Tbh the description is terrible.
C3 value is the default PAS level which the LCD adopts every time you switch on. There are 6 PAS levels 0 - 5, 0 being no pas to 5 100% assist.
Value 8 the lcd will default to the last PAS level used.
C4. Is a throttle setting. 0 max throttle use, 1 is walk assist speed same as holding the walk assist button & 2 is speed limit specified.
C5. Is current limiting feature . There are two different software types used, one can reduce current by up to 5a in 0.5a steps, the other uses %and can reduce current by 50%.
C6. Backlight brightness.
C7. Cruise control O off ,1 on.
C8. Motor temp ( hubs don't have one to record).
C9. Password setting.
C10. System default restore.
C11. Coms display. 0 for lcd3/smart displays, 1 for basic displays like LCD1 or 2.
C12. Controller LVC. Default is 4 30v/40v for 36 or 48v . Values < 4 reduce lvc by 0.5v, values > 4 increase lvc by 0.5v.
C13. ABS regen.
C14. PAS signal strength 1 - 3 weak to strong.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
The controller is likely to work straight out of the bag once connected.
For P settings.
P1. Value is motor magnets (not speed signal magnets) x the internal gearing ratio.
Which hub is being used ?
P2. Is the speed signal, how many magnets ? In most cases it will be 1 or possibly 6.
P3. Is controller mode for PAS, 0 speed control or 1 for current control.
P4. Throttle operation, 0 always active or 1 pedal 1st to activate.
P5. Is voltage mode/damping and how a bar display shows the battery use as a rough guide.
The lcd3 has a live voltage read out so P5 matters not tbh.

C1. Is dependant on the PAS type used. Basic ones with mag disc the value will be 1 -3 & the all in one V12 type value 5 - 7.
C2. Phase wire switching, zero is the default. All the hubs I have used 0 worked straight out of the bag.
C3. PAS ratio gear. Tbh the description is terrible.
C3 value is the default PAS level which the LCD adopts every time you switch on. There are 6 PAS levels 0 - 5, 0 being no pas to 5 100% assist.
Value 8 the lcd will default to the last PAS level used.
C4. Is a throttle setting. 0 max throttle use, 1 is walk assist speed same as holding the walk assist button & 2 is speed limit specified.
C5. Is current limiting feature . There are two different software types used, one can reduce current by up to 5a in 0.5a steps, the other uses %and can reduce current by 50%.
C6. Backlight brightness.
C7. Cruise control O off ,1 on.
C8. Motor temp ( hubs don't have one to record).
C9. Password setting.
C10. System default restore.
C11. Coms display. 0 for lcd3/smart displays, 1 for basic displays like LCD1 or 2.
C12. Controller LVC. Default is 4 30v/40v for 36 or 48v . Values < 4 reduce lvc by 0.5v, values > 4 increase lvc by 0.5v.
C13. ABS regen.
C14. PAS signal strength 1 - 3 weak to strong.
Wow, thanks NealH.
Will have a go at the weekend.
Just one more question. Can you tell me the button presses to actually get into program mode.
Haven't actually tried yet, but assume there is a standard mode and advanced like the Lishui and others?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Received my latest TBK order yesterday by fedex (a week from order to delivery by premium shipping). The plug on the LCD supplied is the wrong type to what I ordered. Have emailed them. We will see how they respond to their mistake !!!

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Give them some time they are on a different time zone. My original issue post #1 was sorted out quickly once confirmed by online chat. Replacement came within a week