Torq 2 derailleur

prState

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey!

Well, I'm just over 800 miles now, and have put off derailleur adjustment, 'cause I couldn't find the info they sent me. (I figured it show up by now, but I don't know what black hole it disapeared into -- perhaps it went out with box packing is all I can think of.) Anyway, it's to the point that I can't let it go any longer.

I see high low adjustment screws, but what is throwing me off is there is no simple barrel adjuster on this Shimano Nexave rapid rise derailleur, that I can see. I got a feeling it's going to be something easy???

Er, I tried to find something on youtube, but didn't see any things except more familiar derailleur adjustments featured.

Help!

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Hey!

Well, I'm just over 800 miles now, and have put off derailleur adjustment, 'cause I couldn't find the info they sent me. (I figured it show up by now, but I don't know what black hole it disapeared into -- perhaps it went out with box packing is all I can think of.) Anyway, it's to the point that I can't let it go any longer.

I see high low adjustment screws, but what is throwing me off is there is no simple barrel adjuster on this Shimano Nexave rapid rise derailleur, that I can see. I got a feeling it's going to be something easy???

Er, I tried to find something on youtube, but didn't see any things except more familiar derailleur adjustments featured.

Help!
Hi PrState

I am a Torq 1 owner rather than a Torq 2 owner, so I am not familiar with the particular nexave rapid rise derailleur that is fitted on the Torq 2.

Start by googling Nexave Rapid Rise implies that it is likely to be either the Nexave C531 derailleur or the Nexave C505.

Now google Shimano and select Tech Docs.

Now select Comfort bike equipment.

Listed is the nexave C530 series and the nexave C500 series.

Select the particular series that is fitted to the Torq, and scroll down to Rear Derailleur (RD).

Click on the SI (Service Instruction) file name.

You will reach SI for RD-C505 and SI for RD-C530 / RD-C531.

I hope that it is one of these, and that the Service Instructions make sense.

James

prState

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks James, the first one of those links I looked at, looked like the same equipment (whether it was exactly or not), and I was able to figure it out. (the adjustments up top near the control).

Sometimes I might think of things like looking up the company online :) , but not this time, I guess.