Torque simulation controller

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Does a hub motor effeiency curve change to the better with a torque simulation controller since the max speed goes down but not the current.For example at power level 1 the max speed is 16 kmh, but the torque is very strong.Will this help cooloing the motor in hillclimbing

D

Deleted member 4366

The torque similation controllers are actually current vontrol ones. Each level on the display relates to a constant current, so you feel the same level of assist regardless of your speed. Thet make the motor feel much softer in the lower levels. I'm still trying to figure out which is most efficient out of current control and speed control. They're probably equal, but I think you tend to use a bit more battery with current control for tge same journey.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
The torque similation controllers are actually current vontrol ones. Each level on the display relates to a constant current, so you feel the same level of assist regardless of your speed. Thet make the motor feel much softer in the lower levels. I'm still trying to figure out which is most efficient out of current control and speed control. They're probably equal, but I think you tend to use a bit more battery with current control for tge same journey.

Ok,Thanks D8veh
Have you tried oil cooling on Bpm or Cst motors.Could ATF oil hurt the motor,for example the one way clutch?

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't think it would do any harm. I haven't tried oil cooling. I think it's always a problem to keep the oil in, and i use disc brakes.