Tour De Presteigne 2010

PedalsPlusPower

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Accomodation

I am booked in at the Cromwell Lodge in Presteigne and I believe they still have rooms free for the 8th and 9th May if anyone is stuck. Run by a nice lady named Georgia.

Cromwell Lodge
45 Hereford Street, Presteigne, LD8 2AT
01544 260 069

PedalsPlusPower

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2009
I am booked in at the Cromwell Lodge in Presteigne and I believe they still have rooms free for the 8th and 9th May if anyone is stuck. Run by a nice lady named Georgia.

Cromwell Lodge
45 Hereford Street, Presteigne, LD8 2AT
01544 260 069
BTW My name is Wayne Kennerley and I run Pedals Plus Power. I deal only in electric bikes and I currently sell Wisper, Ultra Motor and Gepida bikes. My website is Electric Bike Sales and Hire

Fairweather Cycles - Tom

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 26, 2010
www.fairweathercycles.co.uk
Twitter hashtag

Hello all,

I couldn't find one so I started a Twitter.com hashtag for the event, it's #TourdePresteigne (case insensitive).

If you want to follow Tweets related to the event do a search for #TourdePresteigne in your Twitter client (or on the website) and please remember to include it yourself when you write a Tweet.

This should help to get the message out and allow people to follow the build up to the weekend, plus live stuff as it occurs. The more we Tweet the more people will turn up :)

Cheers,

Tom

p.s. Twitter seems to be going a bit slow today, so check back later if you can't find anything yet under the hashtag

Andy Grayland

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2008
Tour De Presteigne programme

Saturday 8th May 1pm - 7pm

Display of Electric Bikes
A chance to try out bikes from:
E-motion, eZee, Monark, Powabyke, Gocycle,
Wisper, UrbanMover, Heinzmann, Ultra Motor, Gepida, Kalkhoff, Cytronex, Velospeed and loads more... plus a display of vintage bicycles.

Stalls
Local Environmental Projects:
Household Energy Services
Transition Presteigne Energy Group
Kington KLEEN & Knighton TVEG
with information on
Sustrans, Car & Lift Share Schemes
Powys & Herefordshire Cycling Routes

Wind and Sun sustainable energy supplying
free battery charging for competitors
THE BATTERY VEHICLE SOCIETY
Windmills by Bob Rowberry

Saturday 4pm
The ELECTRIC Treasure Hunt
£10 to enter all electric bike events
Collect maps at site office & assemble
outside OnBike for a 15 mile competition around the Borders picturesque lanes, picking up clues at various spots. The Winner is the first rider back to the Workhouse, who has solved all the clues & actually found the amazing trophy hidden in the countryside. Feel free to stop for tea along the way!

Saturday Evening from 8pm...
Music, Food and Drink
The Workhouse Cafe, Bar & BBQ
Entertainment includes: The Great Electric Bike Quiz with Ian Marchant, musical comedy & jazz with Your Dad & Inspector Gadjo.
£6 entrance ticket
Food also available at The Hat Shop,
Emily’s Tea Room, The Radnorshire Arms,
Victoria Fish Bar & Chinese Take-away

Sunday 9th May 10am - 5pm

Display of Electric Bikes
See Saturday for details

The Leominster Downhill
Vintage Racer Ride 11pm
Starting at the site a gentle amble for cyclists around some of the flatter bits of the local area and then back to Presteigne for refuelling.
For more details phone Gus 07989 250256

The ELECTRIC Hill Climb 11.30pm
Assemble 11.15am outside OnBike.
A chance for the bikes to pit themselves against one of Presteigne’s steepest hills.

The Tour de Presteigne
Parade 3 - 3.45pm
A parade of historic
bicycles followed by The World’s Premier Fancy Dress Bike Rally around the closed streets of Presteigne with
commentary by Ian Marchant & an
entertaining range of esoteric machines.
Numbers required but not helmets, just
outrageous outfits,
hats & bikes!

Parade only: Entry £5

Prize Giving 4pm
Trophies and Champagne
Treasure Hunt Champion
Hill Climb Winner
Best Costume &
Best Bike in the Parade

Monday 10th May 9am

Ride to the coast
A challenge ride from England (the bridge over the River Lugg) across Wales to the Irish Sea. The cost will be around £20 to cover return transport of bikes and riders. The ride will be 65 miles across the most desolate and beautiful hills in Wales.
Please confirm your entry before 3pm Sunday.
Depart from St Andrews Church, Broad Street

Talks and other activities

The Workhouse Gallery
SATURDAY
1.30pm - 2.30pm including question time
Andrew Capel
Chair of Llanidloes and District Car Club
How to set up a local car share club

3pm - 4pm
Alison & Pete Williams from the Talybont-on-Usk Energy Project talk about their year long
Community electric bike trials

SUNDAY
11.30 -12.30
Jamie Onslow
How to run your
diesel car on vegetable oil

10am, 11am, 12noon & 2pm, 4pm, 5pm
Better driving lessons for 2 people per
session: learn how to drive more economically with Robert Saunders, qualified driving
instructor
Book in advance 01588 630683
pick up drop off point on site
Financed by Household Energy Service
All clients must have their paper driving licence and photo card, plus spectacles if required and suitable driving shoes.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Andy,

Just a quick thank you to you and the Presteigne team for putting on such a great event over the weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves and were happy to see so many consumers.

Looking forward to next year.

All the best

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Here Here!

Yes echoed here well done to all the On Bike team and their helpers.

P1013016 100.jpg

A brilliant event as ever, great to see so many veteran bikes this year.

Also on a personal note, well done to Guame for finishing the hill climb! A real achievement!

Regards

David

Last edited:

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Many thanks for everyone's efforts this weekend in organising another fantastic Tour De Presteigne! We had a great time!

Regards

FrankC
Powabyke

Velospeed

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2009
West Berks
Presteigne 2010

I echo those sentiments - many thanks to Andy, Pete, Phil and Mike for organising such a great weekend. Shame they couldn't organise better weather though...

John
Velospeed