Trailer hitch

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Just bought a woosh faro with a rear hub motor.
Axle is thicker than normal bike axles by a few mm.

Anyone got any ideas or any companies sell trailer hitches/couplers?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Use you normal hitch and drill it out to 12mm diameter, no one makes a motor hub axle hitch specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surf_Wonder

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My two are simply held by the axle nut.

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
I got one of these made out of stainless steel, you bolt one end to the bike axle then bolt the normal hitch and this together with a 10mm bolt / nut. If you want let me know. The measurement from each hole is 22mm (measured on centre line).

Attachments

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
I got one of these made out of stainless steel, you bolt one end to the bike axle then bolt the normal hitch and this together with a 10mm bolt / nut. If you want let me know. The measurement from each hole is 22mm (measured on centre line).
That's very kind and looks very solid

Mine looks like this
Not sure how to drill the hole out , I have a power drill but no vice to hold the hitchScreenshot_20200609_191505_com.android.chrome.jpg

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, you would use a step drill to enlarge the hole, I have one if you wish to borrow it. You could make a wooden jig that holds the bracket in place, a bottom with a box shape in top with the sides pressed against the bracket. Another option is to put a piece on top of the non drilling hole and put a screw in the middle of this piece of wood, this screw would then be s screwed into another bigger piece of wood on the other side (bottom). You could then hold / clamp the bigger piece of wood giving you something to hold onto.

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Hi, you would use a step drill to enlarge the hole, I have one if you wish to borrow it. You could make a wooden jig that holds the bracket in place, a bottom with a box shape in top with the sides pressed against the bracket. Another option is to put a piece on top of the non drilling hole and put a screw in the middle of this piece of wood, this screw would then be s screwed into another bigger piece of wood on the other side (bottom). You could then hold / clamp the bigger piece of wood giving you something to hold onto.
That's very kind of you , I may aswell buy one on Amazon I think there only ten pounds.
Do you think they will do the job.

Thanks for your kindness

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, I suppose the question is 'would you use it again'. I don't mind paying the postage to you if you pay the postage back. Up to you.