trek verve +3 or +4

pia

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2011
anyone used these bikes? really interested in peoples' thoughts, ready to upgrade from my kalkhoff, wants something durable with good range, the trek verve seems amazing as you can attach an extra battery to the downtube. also wondering do I go for +3 or +4?

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
anyone used these bikes? really interested in peoples' thoughts, ready to upgrade from my kalkhoff, wants something durable with good range, the trek verve seems amazing as you can attach an extra battery to the downtube. also wondering do I go for +3 or +4?
Hello there...
My wife has the Trek TM4+ lowstep, which is basically the older version of the verve. She loves it. Quite upright, plenty of power, very quiet. I think main difference between the +3 and+4 is the battery. My wife's 4 has a 500 battery, wether you need/want that or not depends on how far you want to go. You say 'good range' so I think you need the +4

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
.. I also see that the 4+ has the Kiox display, which I much prefer and find more useful than the Purion on the 3+