Trip simulator

D

Deleted member 4366

That looks pretty good. It actually picks up the vorrect cycle paths and other shortcuts whenbyou plan a route. It sems to be a bit light on power usage though. I'll do some comparasons on my next circuit.

C

Cyclezee

That looks pretty good. It actually picks up the vorrect cycle paths and other shortcuts whenbyou plan a route. It sems to be a bit light on power usage though. I'll do some comparasons on my next circuit.
Time for a new keyboard Dave;)

Reactions: newboater

evelorution

Finding my (electric) wheels
Hi guys.

We are now working part time on Ebike Maps, and we will involve more developing time in few months. The current version should already be working pretty well and there are already many functionalities to discover ;). We are working on making it simpler and we would like to develop new functionalities such as a bike profile sharing system, smartphone version... You can have a look at the Ebike Maps tutorial videos. More are coming.

>>Seems a work in progress as setting the bike profile is unfinished
In principle, it should already work... We have about 500 ebikes profile so far... However, we are often discovering new bugs for specific settings. For any problem, you can report it in this thread or contact us with the Ebike Maps contact form.

I will be very attentive to your remarks.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
We have about 500 ebikes profile so far...
How do you access them - as all I can see when trying to 'Select a brand' is 'EbikeMaps' > 'Select a model' > 'Model 1 TEST, Model 3 TEST, Model 2 TEST etc.

Also how do you change speed setting from kmh to mph and distance to miles?

Plus can the suggested routes be made alterable/ point draggable.

evelorution

I wanted to mean that the bike creation should work. The global bike profile sharing system is not done yet but it is in our priority list ;) There are only private profiles so far...

>>Also how do you change speed setting from kmh to mph and distance to miles?
This cannot be done so far, we also plan to work on localisation options (language and unit).

>>Plus can the suggested routes be made alterable/ point draggable.
This is also a feature we would like to work on.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Full marks for this so far, excellent job.
I wonder if you have any plans to include rider weight as well or maybe that's getting too complex?:)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have been using this for the last 2 months and find its pretty accurate except my actual battery usage is slightly less than predicted but thats probably because I am guessing the settings for drag etc.
I cant wait for better weather when I can compare it to actual 70+ mile rides.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
The mapping on this is great when you set it to cycle tracks. It chooses the canal towpath instead of roads. The only flaw, which is forgivable is the battery usage. That isn't a problem, I know how far my batteries will take me.

evelorution

I wonder if you have any plans to include rider weight as well or maybe that's getting too complex?
You can do it if you register and log in. Then, click on the tab "Profile" and click on the "edit" button. Here you can edit the biker weight and rider power levels.

The only flaw, which is forgivable is the battery usage.
If the prediction is not accurate enough and you have a wattmeter, you have many options to improve the model.
-Click on the tab "bikes" and edit a bike profile. Check that all parameters are ok (you can check graph on the right to see predicted behavior depending on slope and rider power level.
-If you can register consumption at 5, 10, 15, 20... kph on a flat road, then you can use this information to fit the real friction model tacking into account motor model. See the blue button "optimize friction model" in bike properties. (I have to do a tutorial video on this).
-Once you have both a good drive system and friction force model, you can register few trips with know travel time and energy consumption to get an unbiased model (empirically taking into account external environment). You can check the corresponding tutorial video.

I believe that with these parameters, you should get the best prediction. Then, you always have to deal with the fact that depending on the rider power level input, battery consumption can vary a lot in some cases. Most of the time, I am looking for an interval using 2 riding powers more than one predicted value having less meaning.

Reactions: Kinninvie and D C

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Looks good. I've put in my commute and will see how it compares to the real world when I've made the bike! Slick website - well done.

Michael

evelorution

To be more precise in your planning, now, you can place unlimited "check points" to define your trip (previously limited to 10) :cool:.

We have also introduced a more accurate battery state estimation. It is not enable by default as it is slower. You can click on "Improve Simulation" to access more accurate results once you have edited your trip ;).

evelorution

We have recently improved the POI management system :
-more marker types,
-possibility to attach an image,
-longer text,
-private (only you can see the marker) or public (visible for all).

Our goal is to make it easier to find locations to have a break (e.g. for lunch) while charging to allow longer rides with smaller batteries. We already have many points of charge in the French Alps. We are in the process of increasing the POI density on eBikeMaps. If you know some ebike friendly locations where you can easily charge a battery, you can add them to your account and make them visible for all. Let us know if you have any difficulties or remark.

poi_on_map.jpg

Warning : you cannot edit information about previously introduced POI. You need to remove them and add them again. Sorry for the inconvenience.