TSDZ2 48v 750w on Order!

larrylakes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2020
Hi There I’m Larry

I’ve been looking into ebikes for the last three/four months and had a go on someone’s hard tail Cube in work- it was great. But I’ve been humming and ahhhing over whether to go shop bought or conversion.

I’ve ordered the TSDZ2 48w 750w with a Hairon 48v 17.5A battery. I’m looking to fit it to a Scott Aspect 45 2009. I’ve owned the bike from new and it hasn’t done massive miles.

I read some of the excellent posts on here and so will refer to them when doing the conversion.

Some quick questions, anything I should look out for or definitely do during the conversion? It has an 8 speed 11-32 rear cog, whether that makes a difference? Are there any guides on refurbishing a bike? I’m thinking wheel bearings, definitely new chain, new cables, etc. The bike is a hard tail with hydraulic brakes so they probably need a service? So any advice would be most helpful.

I’ll update on how I get on.

Thanks

Larry

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Treat the bike to a service as you would with any bike
And enjoy the build

Reactions: larrylakes

RobN

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Welcome Larry,
yep have a read on hear about some of the conversions to give you an idea of whats involved.
Then ask away if you get stuck with anything.
There are plenty on hear who can give you good advice.
Regard
Rob.

Reactions: larrylakes

steveybar

Jul 17, 2020
OL129NY
Hi Larry - was there any particular reason/s you went for a "TSDZ2 48w 750w" as against say the Bafang BBS02B? and who did you order it off?

I'm also "humming and ahhhing"

Best wishes
Steve.

larrylakes

Jul 19, 2020
At first I was going for the Bafang, and had been looking for a good few weeks. After I rode the Cube MTB I started doing more research and came across a site called ebikechoices ran by a bloke in Cornwall. After reading the reviews on there and comparisons it appears that the Tongsheng is more like a Bosch motor, I.e. as you pedal it provides assistance so you still have to do some work. Where as with the Banfang when you start pedal the motor takes over, hence it’s more like a pedelec. Hence I went for the former, plus there are some firmware up grades that make it even more like the Bosch. I may do this later I’m undecided yet. I ordered it from PSWPower. They seem to have been around for a while and fairly trustworthy plus they where the cheapest. Couple of other minor things as well, the banfang motor stops only when you press the brakes, this means another set of wires, I’m not a fan of clutter. Also the Tongsheng was a little cheaper, I wanted to try and get the motor and battery sub £500, which I could have done if I went for the smaller battery. I think it was £560 top of my head. BTW it’s due today!!!!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A Bosch bike is a pedelec just uses a different type of PAS sensor.

steveybar

Jul 17, 2020
OL129NY
Thanks Larry for the very informative reply. :)

I hope it all goes well - please report back if you get the time...

Best wishes - Steve

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I’ve ordered the TSDZ2 48w 750w with a Hairon 48v 17.5A battery. I
Just for a laugh, it's a Hailong battery. I guess our Chinese friends can't pronounce it right.

Actually, only the case comes from Hailong. Any factory could have assembled the cell-pack into it.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Just for a laugh, it's a Hailong battery. I guess our Chinese friends can't pronounce it right.

Actually, only the case comes from Hailong. Any factory could have assembled the cell-pack into it.
Read about several case types, Shark, Whale, Dolphin, maybe Hailong is another sea creature, but only 367mm long :D .
The misspelling may be due to translation software, do get some odd typos.
I'm looking at that battery on Amazon.co.uk and the description says "Battery included: No"!
Tho I've asked which cells are in it to gauge their reactions. "65 LG cells" it says and "LGEBM2618650", is that a cell?:rolleyes:

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
Welcome, Larry.

A cheap mod you could do from the get-go is replace the left hand crank with a Bafang one. There are sellers on the usual platforms. This will reduce the Q factor a tad and space the pedals more equally either side of the frame.

Isla.