TSDZ2B Bits and Pieces

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Thanks Az

I think I have found the answer to point 5
"5) Is there something I can check on the potential donor bike regarding the motor rubbing - or is that easy to fix ?"
You didn't find solution. You are just aware of a potential problem.
Unfortunately even when you buy a new bike and there is plenty of information available and plenty of photos it is unlikely you will find pictures of a frame shape around bottom bracket.

My solution was - buy a bike, unpack it, have a quick look around bottom bracket and decide to return or keep it.
On picture you posted there is no rubbing. Only thing that is moving is chain ring and it is far enough.
Frame shape might prevent you from inserting motor deep enough into BB, which is another issue.
Motors are usually sold with spacers to give you a chance for some minor adjustments.

PS You are entitled to buy road legal TSDZ8 from Woosh for £329. Not sure if that offer is still on a table though. Worth to ask.

£288 at PSW

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
@Az. - Do you have photos? Personally, I would have bought a different bike to convert, rather than remove a bit of bike frame.
As promised:

To insert motor I had to remove this bit of a frame. More on the side to let cables out. I also had to open motor case. Yes it looks flimsy.

I am not happy with cable management, so if you want me to install bracket, I might use this opportunity and let power cables into frame.
What cable should I buy to extend connection between battery and motor? 14AWG?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bikes4two

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You have to do that with the tsdz2 but not with the tsdz8

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
You have to do that with the tsdz2 but not with the tsdz8
I guess it depends on frame. I just took out TSDZ8 I bought from you and it looks like I will have to dremel frame as well.

If I won't remove this bit I will have motor hanging under BB like TSDZ2B. Luckily TSDZ8 offers more space between motor and BB, so at least cable management will be easier.

...maybe I will try to hammer it down first and see how it goes.

Reactions: Bikes4two and Woosh

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Hi @az - I had to remove a bit of frame on a brand new bike that I converted for a friend (as per your red bike in post #22). IMHO there was absolutely NO detriment to frame integrity and that conversion was a couple of years ago and no problems since.

Mind you, I didn't tell the friend what I did - he's not mechanically minded at all and wouldn't have any appreciation of the frame work on his brand new bike - what the eye doesn't see...:rolleyes:!

Reactions: Az.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
What cable should I buy to extend connection between battery and motor? 14AWG?
Depends.

It's been about 3 years, so my memory is a bit hazy, but I think the wires from the battery mount were thinner than the thick wires from the BBS01B controller. A bugger to solder without this cheapo 100W soldering iron. The weenie cheapo 60W iron stood no chance. Needed more power.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Az.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Hi @az - I had to remove a bit of frame on a brand new bike that I converted for a friend (as per your red bike in post #22). IMHO there was absolutely NO detriment to frame integrity and that conversion was a couple of years ago and no problems since.

Mind you, I didn't tell the friend what I did - he's not mechanically minded at all and wouldn't have any appreciation of the frame work on his brand new bike - what the eye doesn't see...:rolleyes:!
I agree. Wife doesn't need to know ;)
It won't affect her bike anyway.

Other thing is my MTB. It worries me a bit as my bike will have to take much more punishment.

Cannondale Adventure EQ + TSDZ2B:57545