Turn signals?

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
I ordered a LIVALL helmet and the controller part was too small for the frame of my bike, which was a bit annoying. I've since bought a Bern Brentwood helmet with a winter liner

Now I still want indicators other than using my hands, as turn signals as it's just easier to press a button

Does anyone use anything in particular? I don't carry a bag on my back either, so I can't use one of the smart indicator things for backpacks. I also don't like carrying a backpack when I can just put my stuff in a pannier.

Thanks

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I ordered a LIVALL helmet and the controller part was too small for the frame of my bike, which was a bit annoying. I've since bought a Bern Brentwood helmet with a winter liner

Now I still want indicators other than using my hands, as turn signals as it's just easier to press a button

Does anyone use anything in particular? I don't carry a bag on my back either, so I can't use one of the smart indicator things for backpacks. I also don't like carrying a backpack when I can just put my stuff in a pannier.

Thanks
Something like this maybe:-
Or this:-
There are also many more designs available on ebay...
Andy

Reactions: anonymous

SwampRodent

Pedelecer
Jun 19, 2019
I have a set of front and rear indicatirs on my ride as I spend a lot of time in the centre of the road waiting to turn right especialy in the winter when its dark. They work an absolute treat.
I also have brake lights as I have to ride in the traffic especially again when turning right.
My rear lights are Ebay motor cycle lights which have built in indicators and brake lights so would be a no brainer not to use them.
Front indicators are ebay motor cycle units, these are quite cleaver as they don't need a flasher unit, they can also be wired as white day run lights then turn orange when indicating.
My biggest issue was finding a decent switch, I bought a proper ebay moped switch but this was rubbish as it was far too fiddly and not water proof so bought a big centre off toggle and this works like a charm, the only issue is that some times I forget to cancel them after I turn.

Reactions: anonymous