Help! Twist throttle wiring

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Hi Ihave replaced the motor controller on my e bike, the existing throttle is a wisper twist throttle with a red, black and grey wire. the controller has brown black and white wires in the throttle connection. Would I be right to connect red to brown, black to black, and grey to white. Any help greatly appreciated.
Rig the jig.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Ihave replaced the motor controller on my e bike, the existing throttle is a wisper twist throttle with a red, black and grey wire. the controller has brown black and white wires in the throttle connection. Would I be right to connect red to brown, black to black, and grey to white. Any help greatly appreciated.
Rig the jig.
That's what I'd do. Just make sure the wheel is off the ground when you switch on and try it. Black obviously goes to black, which leaves only two combinations for the other two wires, so if one way doesn't work, try the other. no harm will come if you get throttle wires wrong. If you want to be absolutely safe, make sure that brown has 5v on it before you connect it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Brown is often used for 5v but as it is controller side one can easily check with meter to see it has 5v .
But yes as already posted B-B , R- Br and Gr - Wh is what I would use .
Checking 5v is easy though so no need to guess.

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Brown is often used for 5v but as it is controller side one can easily check with meter to see it has 5v .
But yes as already posted B-B , R- Br and Gr - Wh is what I would use .
Checking 5v is easy though so no need to guess.
Thank you so much for yur help,
Rig the jig