Two boys die in "ebike" accident: Cardiff riot broke out after 'police prevented parents seeing fatal crash victims', close relative says

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was out for a ride yesterday on a pedestrian/cycle path, nice weather with lots of people out walking. I saw in the distance a bike coming towards me and pedestrians scattering as it sped along at quite a speed down the middle of the path. When it got close to me I could see it was an electric bike with two youths, probably around 15 or 16, one with a full face balaclava, two up on a single seater. They swerved towards me as they approached and the pillion passenger stuck his foot out but didn't make contact then shouted something intelligible.

This was about 15 miles from where the fatal crash with the two boys happened. Lessons learned? No.
Were they after your crocodile or Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625?

• :D
Reactions: The Silverfox

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

now go on google maps and look at that barrier its solid with 2 u type parts either side but there is a small gap between the black part and a lamp post so if they went for that gap going 60mph then they flew in to snowden road ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Did one of the boys live on Snowden Road? I think they would have had to dismount to get around the barrier at Stanway Road, because those bollards are fenced off apart from a small aperture... they then would have had to get settled again after getting back on the bike, and quickly. Looking at the videos, they were taking turns sharing one pair of footrests, swapping over by some arrangement - they lost balance after mounting the pavement at high speed, slightly downhill on Snowden Road?

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've figured it out. Who saw the ghost in the BBC video above? It must have been the grim reaper or one of his angels come to reap some souls, and the kids just happened to be nearby. They had no chance. It wouldn't have mattered whether the police were there or not, nor would it have mattered whthere they were on that bike or not. They were doomed the moment the ghost tagged them.
It was the Eye Of Sauron:

I think it likely the founders of Sur-Ron in 2014 were Lord Of The Rings fans. "One ebike to rule them all" would have been too obvious a tagline?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you will get kom on that round tesco :p

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

you will get kom on that round tesco :p
Rutter was aged 51 in 2019 - I'd worry my reactions would now be too slow for motorbikes now tbh.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Now it is easier to understand why you don't want police to stop owners of dangerous illegal vehicles...

Please make sure you wear helmet, knee and elbow pads and don't panic when you see police van
Well it has a number plate on it legally hired to me so cops would eventually work out how to trace it back to me. You would hope.... :)

Apparently cops are running 'secret' trials of ChatGPT to see if it could 'assist' with illiterate morons writing out tickets/statements without blowing the whole case because, um, they are stupid.

Lawyer in US already been busted for doing similar with case citations that were made up by the bot...

Where will it end......?

I'm currently side-programming my ChatGPT bot to reply to this thread...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Where will it end......?
It will enable humanity to make the same mistakes more rapidly and efficiently, accelerating our extinction via another group of dim people: politicians.

Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen delivers speech partly written using ChatGPT

Pause Giant AI Experiments: An Open Letter
We call on all AI labs to immediately pause for at least 6 months the training of AI systems more powerful than GPT-4.

Bloomberg is hiring Chat-GPT experts on $295k+ salaries

Artificial intelligence helping scientists in fight against superbug and breast cancer

Artificial intelligence has been used to identify a new antibiotic capable of killing a type of bacteria responsible for many drug-resistant infections.

Why ChatGPT should be considered a malevolent AI – and be destroyed
It not only told everyone I died but tried to fake my obit. Are we ready for this machine-driven future?

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

"CCTV from minutes before the crash showed a police van driving at a distance behind the two boys, but the force said its nearest vehicle was half a mile away when the bike crashed."
There's a 50/50 chance that I was also driving at a distance behind the two boys at the time of the accident. Does that make me guilty too? You can see how everybody is choosing their words very carefully to portray whatever story they want. people should just stick to the facts.
1. Police were driving along the road doing whatever they do
2. Two kids on an electric bike are driving towards them breaking several laws
3. In close proximity to the police, the kids turn around and go back the way they came.
4. The police continue in that direction until they turn a left and go a different way.
5. The kids are travelling quite fast - certainly more than 20 mph and probably significantly more.
6. The police were approx 1/4 mile from the kids and travelling at right angles away from them at the time of the crash.
7. The kids crashed into a lamppost on a staright road and both died.

No fact, as yet, indicates that the police were chasing the kids
No fact indicates how the kids hit the lamppost.

It's clever how every interested party can choose and/or adjust the facts to portray the story that suits them. It reminds me of the management training that I got in the 80's, which I just found here. it should entertain you and the family for half an hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony1951 and Artstu

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
The bottom line in this are the polices actions in attempting to fabricate a series of events which makes them blameless. They are in fact covering up the actions of their officers who were not following the guidance.
They weren't allowed to chase them as they had no helmets on, but that is exactly what they were doing.

It doesnt matter that they were not wearing helmets. It doesnt matter if they were flouting the law, and it doesnt even matter if they were the worst scrotes in history. The only thing that matters is the police didn't follow the prescribed guidance, and that their boss lied to cover up this fact.
It is a conspiracy of lies.
And thats the only thing were really need to be concerned about. Our police force must be truthful and honest in their actions. Not lie through their teeth to protect themselves, and not fabricate evidence to avoid criticism or consequence.
--------------
Ch Supt David Duckenfield told lies during the Hillsborough tragedy blaming the Liverpool fans. Spoke about how they forced the barrier gate when in fact the truth of the matter was he had opened it.
He tried to pass the blame of his incompetence onto the victims.
----------
The shooting of Jean De Mendez.
The police lied, the information they fed to the media and public both at the time and subsequent briefings that Mr De Mendez actions contributed to the police believing he was a terrorist about to carry out a bombing.
They tried to blame the victim.

The same in this case, the police are trying to blame the victims. and detract attention away from their own actions

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's just an accident, hardly comparable to the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.

Reactions: flecc

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The bottom line in this are the polices actions in attempting to fabricate a series of events which makes them blameless. They are in fact covering up the actions of their officers who were not following the guidance.
They weren't allowed to chase them as they had no helmets on, but that is exactly what they were doing.

It doesnt matter that they were not wearing helmets. It doesnt matter if they were flouting the law, and it doesnt even matter if they were the worst scrotes in history. The only thing that matters is the police didn't follow the prescribed guidance, and that their boss lied to cover up this fact.
It is a conspiracy of lies.
And thats the only thing were really need to be concerned about. Our police force must be truthful and honest in their actions. Not lie through their teeth to protect themselves, and not fabricate evidence to avoid criticism or consequence.
--------------
Ch Supt David Duckenfield told lies during the Hillsborough tragedy blaming the Liverpool fans. Spoke about how they forced the barrier gate when in fact the truth of the matter was he had opened it.
He tried to pass the blame of his incompetence onto the victims.
----------
The shooting of Jean De Mendez.
The police lied, the information they fed to the media and public both at the time and subsequent briefings that Mr De Mendez actions contributed to the police believing he was a terrorist about to carry out a bombing.
They tried to blame the victim.

The same in this case, the police are trying to blame the victims. and detract attention away from their own actions
That's "Whataboutism", which is not a good way to debate because what happened anywhere else at a completely different time has no direct relevance. You could just as easily blame it on the Romans.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
"Whataboutism"
Is the phrase usually used when someone cant counter to the logical argument.

But in this case it doesnt really apply. Previous cases of police lying to save themselves shows they have a tendency to do so.

hardly comparable to the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.
Obviously not, but it is comparable actions of the police to tell lies.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Obviously not, but it is comparable actions of the police to tell lies.
there is nothing new in governments and institutions telling porkies. You don't have to look very far, examples abound.
They call it 'plausible deniability', i.e. as long as it's not a bareface lie, it can and usually will be corrected at later date.
In the case of Cardiff police, it was litterally correct. They followed but did not pursue the boys. What they said was not a lie nor untruth, so whatever their intention, we don't know so why can't you give them some leeway? The same applies of course to the question why one of the boys got arrested 30 times before reaching 16 years of age.

Reactions: EddiePJ and flecc

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
They followed but did not pursue the boy
Im a bit confused about this statement.
Where the police are concerned, them deliberately following someone is intent to follow them.
But they werent just pottering along in the general direction were they ?, they were following closely, at speed and looked to continue following them once they'd negotiated the obstacle the bollards presented.

The police dont drive quickly after a certain individual unless they are paying that individual close attention.

Reactions: portals

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The same applies of course to the question why one of the boys got arrested 30 times before reaching 16 years of age.
Are we sure they were arrested 30 times? As with follow/chase/persue there are many other things that might get miscalled arrest; a few quiet words on the pavement, police visit their home to have a word with parents, called into the police station, etc.

Somewhere I saw the parents or aunt said 'they were arrested 30 times and never charged' or similar. It might well show tolerance on the part of the police that they try to keep things calm by giving warnings rather than pressing charges. Or of course it might just show laziness or sensible prioritization. Not being charged for a crime doesn't mean you didn't commit it. Again, there is a spectrum of the word 'warning' between a 2 min 'don't to it again' to something very official but less than a charge.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Im a bit confused about this statement.
Where the police are concerned, them deliberately following someone is intent to follow them.
But they werent just pottering along in the general direction were they ?, they were following closely, at speed and looked to continue following them once they'd negotiated the obstacle the bollards presented.
the difference is the intention. If the police pursued me, I expect to be arrested if they caught up with me.
The boys might have thought that the police pursued them but it was not what the police did. They did not call for re-inforcement.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Yeah whatever.