Two boys die in "ebike" accident: Cardiff riot broke out after 'police prevented parents seeing fatal crash victims', close relative says

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I am trying to put all puzzles together to make a bigger picture and I just can't believe how somebody can knowingly buy high powered illegal moped for teenagers and then blame police for their deaths. Total parental failure. I guess this is why this neighborhood is called deprived and house prices have nothing to do with it.

Boys had a long history with police. There were so many missed opportunities there to stop an avoid this tragic incident.

sneggysteve

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2020
Well I applaud you for that.

Disingenuous being kind.

The cops spooked the kids, they crashed and died under unnecessary pressure, 'blues and twos' b0ll0x is irrelevant, the cops knew what they were doing.
Having read your posts on this thread, you obvously have a total anti police view and yet we are still waiting for all the facts? You may yet be proven to be correct, who knows?

Sep 13, 2020
It has a longish seat with a metal extension and apparently passenger footrests are available as an extra. But it's not really relevant since the use was illegal in so many ways:

It was clearly an offroad motorcycle which the maker calls a "Youth Electric Motocross Bike".

The rider was 15 so under age with no driving licence or third party insurance.

Even shortly after at 16 he would be on a provisional licence, meaning carrying a passenger is illegal.

Both were not wearing a crash helmet.

Machine not registered or number plated, possibly not type approved for road use.

Thanks flecc, that clarifies the issue considerably.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Not really and that is the problem, misusing this term. Ebike or e-bike are terms describing any electrically powered bicycle, whether pedalled or not, whether complying with EAPC law or not.
The description of an E pedal bike, and E motorbike or an E moped.

The description is down to personal interpretation of what Ebke means. But for any official purposes they would be classed and called electric bicycle, electric motorbike or electric moped.

I thought it best to point that out so everyone was clear on what I was referring to.

I ask everyone to think on this scenario
You are driving/cycling etc along and a check behind(or mirror) shows a police van behind you.
You turn left- the police turn left. You turn right-the van turns right. You drive a bit further, the van is still there. You hang another right, and the police van also turns right
Where is your attention ?. 100% on the road ahead, or are you now thinking and checking the mirror or turn check on what the police van is doing.

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
You are driving/cycling etc along and a check behind(or mirror) shows a police van behind you.
You turn left- the police turn left. You turn right-the van turns right. You drive a bit further, the van is still there. You hang another right, and the police van also turns right
Where is your attention ?. 100% on the road ahead, or are you now thinking and checking the mirror or turn check on what the police van is doing.
Stop and let them pass. But yes if one is driving illegal vehicle without insurance and plates it might make one very nervous.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
I ask everyone to think on this scenario
Yes, factor that x10 if you're a child on you're new illegal ebike, if the cops had just left alone the kids would most likely still be here.

• Agree
Reactions: joelectric

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if they had decent motor bike or moto x helmets on they would still be alive as it does not take much speed to smash ur skull open on a kurb.

it must of been a right mess as why they did not want anyone looking at it.

plod needs to show the full dash cam footage from the car following as for all we know they lost it and plod just went right over both of them ?

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Having read your posts on this thread, you obvously have a total anti police view and yet we are still waiting for all the facts? You may yet be proven to be correct, who knows?
I hate bullies, have done since as far back as I can remember, it has gotten me in to more trouble in this life than anything else. Cops are bullies of the worst kind, they are not only bullies but corrupt bullies that have been given powers and a license to wreck lives on a daily basis. The majority of them are morons.

Power, Corruption and Lies, not only a cracking album by New Order back in the day but did you know that the cops use to use that slogan to recruit?

Well I think we know the facts with regards to the crash, it will depend how the lawyers / CPS want to proceed.

Will they go after the parents for negligence / manslaughter?

Will they go after the cops who are effectively the root cause of the crash?

Will they do feck all cos 'Bank Holiday comes 6 times a year.'?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Completely wrong again.

The kids had escaped by using a barrier gap and could then see no police vehicle following. It follows that there was absolutely no pressure of any sort at the time of the crash seconds after leaving the barrier.

The truth is more likely that the rider was so elated at losing the police that he became over confident, cocky enough to exceed his abilities as a 15 year old rider, paying a terrible price for that.
Escaped what? Being hounded by the cops that 'weren't following them' that led to their deaths who were only a street away chasing at point of impact?

Implying the driver got cocky when the reality is he would've been sh1t1ng himself.....well....not really sure where to start with that one. They were children.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Children intimidated to death.

I love that. Some mate of the teenagers said that the police had a grudge against them. Well that can't be true because a friend of a policeman said that that mate is a know liar.
'Murphy also alleged police had arrested her nephew 30 times over the past two years but never charged him. She said police had visited Harvey’s home in two separate instances over matters he could not have had anything to do with.

On the first occasion, the family had doorbell video footage showing he was home at the time; the second time he was on holiday so "wasn't even in the country". '

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Murphy also alleged police had arrested her nephew 30 times over the past two years but never charged him.
If the police took an interest in the boys before all that, how old is Murphy's nephew? Two years before, he must still be in school surely?

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Did they say how many times boys were guilty of what they were accused of? This is how it works unfortunately, you build yourself a reputation and criminal record and you are a prime suspect when something goes wrong.

I want police to actively fight crime and antisocial behaviour. I want them to chase criminals with or without helmets on. Citizen has a duty to stop when ordered by police. People shouldn't be afraid to cycle through a neighbourhood.

It hurts to see how badly mopeds are being managed in this country. When you buy a TV they immediately send you a letter asking to pay a TV license and if you don't and caught watching TV you get a criminal record. How is it possible to buy a moped without registration plates and insurance is beyond my understanding.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They didn't say because the information was supplied by Murphy.

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Nuts, I've put this response down to the bank holiday 'sauce', cannot think of any other rational explanation for this post....
I would say the facts are the rational explanation and there is approaching £100k of public sector debt for every single working person in this country and many local councils are spending more on debt interest than services. The point is if you are commiting a crime which could kill innocent people you should be stopped even if that means the criminals risk injuries when being stopped or trying to get away. Ultimately if there is going to be a victim far better that victim is a criminal than an innocent person. There is little support for protecting criminals from injuries in the general population in a pursuit situation. You have to increase the deterient to a point where crime is far less and not protect criminals and give them rights the same as their victims.

Chainmale

Pedelecer
May 13, 2020
30 arrests and boy was only 16. He must have been a little angel.

Makes me wonder why journalists don't have guts to ask family some hard questions. Whoever bought this illegal moped, literally gave them a lethal weapon to play without any supervision.
I believe that the machine in question would far exceed the definition of a moped and in the event it could be made road legal would be classified as a motorcycle.

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu and flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Afaics the fault lies at the feet of the relatives who bought and allowed underage children to ride and use an unregistered motor vehicle on public highways and worst of all with no head protection, simply asking for trouble and that is what they got BIG TIME.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Well lets hope nobody here has an Ebike that exceeds any of the legal requirements, be that speed or power.

• :D
Reactions: flecc