Two (!!) new 2018 Haibike HardSeven 2 and Hardlife2

barrycoll

Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2009
Bought just 2 months ago from Cambridge E-bikes, so almost full 2 year warranties, and just 70 miles or so on the odo

Basically buying them seemed like a good idea....but was a mistake. At 78 years old, a good pair of walking boots and top of the range back packs would have been a more sensible buy, as cycling now no longer has its attractions (for us)

Both bikes are SMALL, but as I am 5’7”, and as the top tube length of Small was 54cms from seat pin to stem, that meant I didn’t need a shorter stem.
But I did fit a longer seat pin

Both bikes are basically the same spec, with 1X11 Shimano, Air forks etc etc, but my wife like a white frame, aalthough, in principle the geometry is supposed to differ. Riding either bike feels just the same

The other reason for Small, is that less metal makes for a lighter bike...in theory anyway!

New price was £2145, but will sell for £1600, but no offers please

Attachments

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The pair? :rolleyes:

Sorry! Couldn't resist. Yes at 78 you are supposed to be riding step-through tame city bikes not flame breathing MTBs! Good on you for trying though! :)

barrycoll

Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2009
You should have resisted, dear Kiwi, as it is not the step through versus fire breathing 70 nms of torque that is the issue, it is just the act of cycling itself

I am sure that some folks amongst the readership will find these bikes quite marvelous...........AND, a bargain

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he wants 3k for the 2 ;)

barrycoll

Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2009
Paying the price for less hassle dear Crockers....but if I could have bought these 2 bikes for £1500 each, I would have bitten the vendors arm off.

I think that Haibike frame sizes are really on the large size, and that Small is not really that small.....a bit like M&S waist sizes