Two new Woosh bikes are on the way

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
New here with a Rio FB on the way tomorrow. My first electric bike. I was looking at doing a conversion but decided I want to keep my current bike as it is. Hopefully this should fit the bill for what I need. Which for the most part is a 16 mile round trip commute. I did look at the Rio MTB but the proper mudguards and included rack swung it for me.
My first trip on my Rio FB was a 17mile round trip, it did it with ease and I hadn't ridden a bicycle since 1969 when I left School. You will enjoy! The only problem I had when I got the bike was when in first gear the chain would come off the front sprocket. I trust Woosh will have fixed yours. But check it out before you go on a long run. Other than that, and of course the tires, it's a very nice bike. Oh! nearly forgot the seat on mine was the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat on. I changed it.

• Agree
Reactions: kernow rex

MG.

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 28, 2017
Fleetwood
Thanks. I've found the seat ok for me although I have also had the chain come off the front sprocket in first gear and also just now come off at the back in top gear. To be honest I'd just kind of ignored the first gear issue because it's so low that I can't think when I'd be using it but it was a slight concern when the chain came off just now, I was stood up pedalling hard to get onto a roundabout. I'll have a look and see if I can adjust it later.

Other than that, though I love this bike. Done 180 miles on it so far and enjoyed every one of them.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I got the factory to add 4mm spacer to the current batch they are making for us. It's always a problem finding the best compromise.

MG.

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 28, 2017
Fleetwood
Thanks, I'll have a look at chain guides and perhaps a larger chainring at some point.

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
Thanks, I'll have a look at chain guides and perhaps a larger chainring at some point.
I know it's going back a year but this is a picture that shows the problem with first gear. I have now managed to centre the cluster and hasn't been a problem since. I also find top gear is not really high enough for top speed cruising, so a bigger chainring might help with that if I can find one that fits. Gear 1 from rear.JPG

• Useful
Reactions: Woosh

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Mountainsport, “I think Woosh that you are taking the”P”

Go fall off your bike!

Jim

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's been 3 years since this project started.

The Rio still looks contemporary.
I have changed nothing on it, except for the 8-speed freewheel from DNP to Sunrace. The price has gone up be bit due to the exchange rate and assembly cost, the Rios are now assembled in Southend-on-Sea.

This picture has just been sent to me from a couple from the Algarve: