Help! tyre change (front wheel of elife tourer)

tone of hillingdon

Just Joined
Oct 3, 2022
Hi
I'm 81. Just got second hand Elife Tourer, had couple of punctures. So fitting puncture-proof tyres.
How do I disconnect the electrics from the front wheel? Please!
cheers
Tony

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There should be a connector within 6 - 8 inches of the hub motor axle often cable tied to the front RH fork, it might be tight but will pull a part.

tone of hillingdon

Just Joined
Oct 3, 2022
There should be a connector within 6 - 8 inches of the hub motor axle often cable tied to the front RH fork, it might be tight but will pull a part.
Hi
Its this connection (pictured) right to the hub. Does that just cover the wheel nut? Or will i bust something by pulling it off?
TonyIMG_5408.JPEG

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No that's not it, that is a just a wheel nut dust /moisture cover.

Usaully one follow thta motor cable unitl it comes to the connector, it may be a case yours is at the controller box. Most hub motor bikes have the connector 6 - 8 inches along fromt he wheel then another longer cable that then goes to the controller box.

tone of hillingdon

Just Joined
Oct 3, 2022
No that's not it, that is a just a wheel nut dust /moisture cover.

Usaully one follow thta motor cable unitl it comes to the connector, it may be a case yours is at the controller box. Most hub motor bikes have the connector 6 - 8 inches along fromt he wheel then another longer cable that then goes to the controller box.

tone of hillingdon

Just Joined
Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for your responses - I have spotted the connector you initially referred to.
Silly me thought that I might damage cable by removing the dust/moisture cover.
I do appreciate your help!
Tony

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Be careful refitting the connector, both parts have an embossed arrow on them.
Align the arrows opposite each other and firmly push them together with no twisting, the (male) motor side connector also has an embossed stop line so the this must be up against the female connector end.

Reactions: sjpt