tyre suggestions

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Hi folks,

loving the neo xtreme still, range is awesome already and growing with my fitness (am turning into a freaky hypermiler, obsessed with wringing bigger distances - record so far is 72 miles, with one bar left)

but i'd like to speed the bike up a little on road (which is where i do most of my riding these days....) but still retain the ability to run canal towpath and tracks near me.

I've always fitted schwalbe big apples previously to fulfil this (and i see they are making them in 2.35 width now, so they'll look a bit less silly maybe) - but any other suggestions?

ta

rob

mrpscott

Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2010
Hi
I have the Emotion Neo Carbon and run on Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres - 1.75 I think. Purely a road rider - furthest journey so far is 65 miles with only bar used - BUT - the first 30 miles were across the Fens where no assist was used!! I use these as I like to ride 50+ miles each trip and don't want the hassle of a puncture.
Hope this helps

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
found a place on ebay selling them off - so decided i'd give what i know a shot :) thanks folks

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Fitted the big apples yesterday - sweet as ;) get almost the same average speed from the xtreme as i did from the cross, and still handling towpaths and bridleways (at least of the hampshire variety) without any problems - at 32.00 a pair delivered - its a bargain

(oh yeah and it let me fit the axa defender frame lock thats been sitting in the garage for a while - nice bonus!)