UK or EU source for 36v 7p GA cell shark pack

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I know they hold 70 cells as i have a 52v5p one. With GA cells a 36v 7p would be 24.5ah .just cant see a uk source.seems dozens of chinese sellers make up 24.5ah shark packs in 36v with GA cells ,so whys no one here selling them? dont really want to buy a battery from china ,plus all the postage duty etc.i dont mind getting via a EU country tho,as i did once from a chinese seller.it arrived in a week costing £9 postage. thanks anyone if u can help.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jimmy has empty tiger shark's he will put what ever cells you want in side.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Jimmy has empty tiger shark's he will put what ever cells you want in side.
he seems a popular source for batteries,i see him mentioned often in threads. the chinese made 24.5ah batteries of GA cells ive seen are half the price usually of UK equivalent.Do u think if shipped from europe a safe bet.ive had no issues with one shipped via germany in the past,LG cells.no import taxes etc either just £9 p&p.not half the price tho mind,but cheaper.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
he seems a popular source for batteries,i see him mentioned often in threads. the chinese made 24.5ah batteries of GA cells ive seen are half the price usually of UK equivalent.Do u think if shipped from europe a safe bet.ive had no issues with one shipped via germany in the past,LG cells.no import taxes etc either just £9 p&p.not half the price tho mind,but cheaper.
You can get them shipped from China or Europe no problem, but what happens after a couple of weeks if the bms goes down or there`s a couple of cells go faulty?
Buy local if you can.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jimmy uses copper for bus interconnectors, each cell will have good current flow /share and a series connection on each cell.
China made cell packs are hit & miss with the interconnectors and usually skimp on the series connections, often only the first and last cell in a parallel string will have the series connection. Though some OEM batteries like the 14s one Woosh showed us a few months back and are improving with design/layout.

Reactions: minexplorer

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
You can get them shipped from China or Europe no problem, but what happens after a couple of weeks if the bms goes down or there`s a couple of cells go faulty?
Buy local if you can.
Yes local for ease of warranty. They are often chinese made still tho.The 52v 30Q battery i bought from electron cycles for example is a seriously good battery made for them by a chinese company.EC specialize in high performance and hot rod bikes. they dont compromise on quality and have chosen their supplier well they say.wasnt cheap mind. the pswpower LG cells one i got via germany is still giving sterling service a year an a half later too.

its hard to know what chinese sellers products u can trust isnt it.there must be good and poor ones.it was sellers on aliexpress,alibaba,dhgate etc i was looking at .seemed the only place to find 36v 7p batteries made with panasonic GA cells for the max 24.5AH in a shark pack.

im not sure i like having the frame and rack 2 batt set up (30.4ah total )on my bbs01.seemed good idea at the time but i dont like having a rack.wish i had just bought a max capacity shark years ago. the shark ive got is a 6p 29E cell 17.4ah i hate triangle batteries.

Last edited: