UK supplier for this battery?

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
A friend has asked me to look at his dead battery.

One cell seems a dud, so the BMS is shutting it down. have checked this on a logging charger.

Not seen the bike as he has just brought me the battery.
have looked on the website, as labelled on the battery, it is in French and I can not see batteries for sale on the site. I have sent them an e-mail but wanted to ask here too.

the battery has a label that says it is an XH259-10J

have foudn these same P/N on e-bay but the battery is a different type to that pictured.

Even the Phylion site show that battery with the same part number but a different type.

Anyoen recognise this pack and know what other bikes it is on.

it is a 7 cell pack. 10 Ah I guess

or even replacement cells for it?

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

Last edited:

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
Ah sorry ..that is my fault.

The headway cells happen to be there because that was the nearest 'stand' I had to balance the battery pack on.
When I originally posted I was jsut after an ID of the whole pack, so i coudl get one as a complete unit for the guy.

Anyoen recognise this pack and know what other bikes it is on.[quote/]
Anyoen recognise this pack and know what other bikes it is on.
Only later did I go back and add the bit about the individual cells.

You can just see the block of individual hard case cells in the background of the third pic, behind the yellow DVM

D

Deleted member 4366

Battery cases are pretty standard. Unfortunately you didn't show the most important bit - the connector - but I guess it's the normal 4 slot in the base typewith the outer two connected. You can therefore fit any battery that shares that same common extrusion. Could you give some measurements of the extrusion to check. There'es a nice 15aH one from BMS battery that comes with the complete kit for easy conversion:
24V 15Ah Li-Ion Alloy 01-Case Battery Pack - BMSBATTERY.

I'd use the opportunity to go up to 36v for a bit more speed/power, but if the owner wants to stick with 24v, you can find them on Ebay or the Kudos Versatile one will probably fit at only £165.
Battery for Izip Skyline, Cyclamatic etc e-bike 24V/36V 10Ah LiFePO4 Li-ion | eBay

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
OK, thanks

Never having worked on or seen any of these basic type bikes, i was nto aware these packs were so common.

Yes, the connector is on the base, and as you guessed, 4 slots with the two outermost ones used.

Seems to be about the same size as the e-bay link , square section pack.

I'll just pass on the link and let the owner buy one

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

If he gets one, tell him to check the polarity before connecting because there's no standard. He might have to swap over one of the connectors, which is dead simple.