Ultra Motor Fast Forward Peak MTB

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Thx Frank i was trying to keep that a secret, but it out there now yes i am watching this with a view to making a bid.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
there was a thread going about it since last week....Hero Eco came on saying bikes price dropped to £1000 anyway, so why buy a year old bike for same money.

Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
there was a thread going about it since last week....Hero Eco came on saying bikes price dropped to £1000 anyway, so why buy a year old bike for same money.
The present bid is about £530, I was wondering if any members have had any experience with this model ? Will check Hero Eco post.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Thx eddieo, have read the thread(s), and does leave enough ?? to reconsider.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
@DavidH,

I assume u mean on throttle only as all bikes are limited to 15mph before motor cuts out, or are u saying its underpowered, and have diffculty getting to 15mph on PAS ?
What sort of range do you get between charges ?

DavieH

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2012
Elderslie Scotland
It will do 15mph on a flat road no wind with a fully charged battery with the throttle let the charge go down to 50-60% and its 12-13mph apart from that its a good bike

HD462

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2012
Teesside, UK
I got one at the beginning of last week too Jazper, on the Cycle to Work Scheme. That's my thread about it that Eddieo linked to. I'm very impressed with it up to now. I get 14.9 mph in pedelec mode, without putting any great effort in, can pedal it at 17 / 18 mph easily if you want to, although obviously the motor will cut out then. I've just added another post to that thread might give you a bit more info.

My understanding is Hero Eco has a promotion on at the moment, the Peak is reduced by £250 to £999, and the Edge (folder) is reduced by £100 to £899. I was going to get the Edge until the Peak came into my price range for the cycle scheme due to the reduction.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I got one at the beginning of last week too Jazper, on the Cycle to Work Scheme. That's my thread about it that Eddieo linked to. I'm very impressed with it up to now. I get 14.9 mph in pedelec mode, without putting any great effort in, can pedal it at 17 / 18 mph easily if you want to, although obviously the motor will cut out then. I've just added another post to that thread might give you a bit more info.

My understanding is Hero Eco has a promotion on at the moment, the Peak is reduced by £250 to £999, and the Edge (folder) is reduced by £100 to £899. I was going to get the Edge until the Peak came into my price range for the cycle scheme due to the reduction.
The one i am looking at is on ebay, exdemo with warranty, and I must admit after a lot of trawling around for info on the bike, I am not that over impressed with the model.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
If not sure......I would look out for a good second hand Wisper 905 SE. Bought my first one used from classified on here. ran it 18 months and sold it for what I paid for it (when I bought a new one)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
If not sure......I would look out for a good second hand Wisper 905 SE. Bought my first one used from classified on here. ran it 18 months and sold it for what I paid for it (when I bought a new one)
I agree that bike has been on my wish list for some time also the Freego Eagle which i recently missed out on, a Xdemo model by only a £100

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I agree that bike has been on my wish list for some time also the Freego Eagle which i recently missed out on, a Xdemo model by only a £100
It really is a strong bike with decent back up..there are loads around now as wisper an establiushed brand. if patient I'm sure you will get one. we only sold ours because we needed lighter bikes for new campervan. so thats 3 we sold in last 2 years and thing is, you dont lose much on them as so popular. What will the peak be worth in 12 months time....One on ebay now but look in classifed on here

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Just noticed that Dave (top bloke) has put his Wisper Alpino on classified and ebay. This would be a very good buy....

HD462

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2012
Teesside, UK
Depends on what you want really, and how much you want to spend.I've just looked that Whisper up, and new (you need to compare like with like), it's 50 to 60% more expensive than the Peak (at it's £999 offer price). The spec is similar, Aliviio gear, Tecktro V brake (the Whisper has a disk on front). The main difference is higher battery capacity, depends how far you need to go on a charge I guess.

I think the Peak looks nicer, more like a mountain bike. The Whisper is more what the lads at work expected me to turn up on, (more sit up and beg, with a basket on the front is what they imagined) they were surprised when it looked so mountain bike like.

For me the Peak was mainly to go to work on, and got under the cycle to work scheme, which works out will have cost me about £680, and had 18 months to pay it out of my wages (tax free). So for that price it was a good deal, and I've actually been out on just 'bike rides' on an evening as it's such a nice ride. I probably wouldn't pay £1250 for it, I wouldn't for any bike most likely, I'd have gone back to a cheap motorbike, or just stuck with the car.

I reckoned on saving £10 a week in fuel would cover the cost of the bike over the 18 months. So it was an option for a new bike that pretty much pays for itself, and I've always fancied an electric one since I first saw the Powerbyke X24 years ago (the one with the water bottle style battery).

If in doubt, see if you can try a few out somewhere. I didn't have that option as our firm dealt with one company for all the bikes, so just took a chance on it, but have been pleasantly surprised (apart from not being able to us it yesterday, as I got up to go on it, and found the front tyre flat - first puncture I've had in ages).

I did have a try of this bike at a caravan show before getting the Peak, and found it to be a nice ride too with a bottle style battery (26v). They also do another version with the battery behind the seat, that's 36v. But they're also very mountain bike styles, although the components are more basic spec than the Peak.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The peak looks OK for the money, but if Jasper can get the similar looking Alpino (white, step through) well that is a much better bike, powerful controller and battery, Alfina hub, Dapush motor, easily de restricted etc....

You need to try them. Personally I think I would prefer a second hand Wisper to a new peak.

Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Well I did bid on the peak, and the 36ride(4am), got outbid on both, better luck next time. I saw the Alpino, and the starting bid is a bit to high for me, but stiil looking.