Um 36 no high power.

Topjohn100

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 22, 2019
Hi all just new to the forum am my first question is.
My Urban Mover has lost its high power ther is a switch on the handlebars and pressin the switch makes no difference.
I'm the bikes stays on low power.
Regards John

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Check the connections on the switch are sound and corrosion free. They will be in the compartment under the batttery. Failing this it could be a fault with the switch or the controller.(metal box with lots of wires). Take some clear photos of the wiring connections and we may be able to advise on some suitable replacement parts.

Topjohn100

Jan 22, 2019
Hi thanks for that been trying to get a new switch from urban Mover but no look,out of stock and not getting anymore in.
Been in the compartment under battery looking at the leads,the one from the switch has four leads.
And it is clean and tight with cable tie round it.been looking at alternatives that could do the job .
any ideas. Will add photos when get time.
Regards
John

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Is your bike 24v or 36v? Does it have a throttle or just PAS? You have plenty of choice for replacement parts from about £20-£70, but post some photos of controller wiring so we can give best advise.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I'm not sure if i'm seeing all the connectors in your photos, is there another 5 pin with thin red,black,green,yellow and blue wires. I assume the one unplugged is the display?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Plug in the control panel and switch on the bike. Measure the voltage between the green and the black wire by pushing your voltmeter probes into the connector where the wires come out. You should get 1v on level one, 2v on level 2, 3v on level 3. If the voltage doesn’t change, the control panel is faulty.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Sorry, but I can't see anything clearly in your photos. I count 5 wires on your control panel board, so I don't understand 4 pin connector. Try to show each of the connectors on the controller with the wires spread on both sides of it.

Topjohn100

Jan 22, 2019
Hi I think ther is five at the switch on the handlebars but only four at the controller.
Think one is a link.
Will get better photographs tonight thanks for all your help we'll get there in the end.
John

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
From what I can see in the photos of your board the yellow wire connection is redundant and as it dosn't connect to the controller, can be ignored. You therefor have a simple 4 wire analog panel and this replacement should do the job as a replacement. You will have to change the connectors, as they don't match the one you have, but the wires are a colour match, so just swap like for like. You could use the old 4 pin and solder/heat shrink the new wires to it. Ignore the yellow and white wires. Let us know how you get on.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-36-48...8?hash=item4d85f6a016:m:mmqWXhuXqvAYzqYJ8hvX-
ug:rk:1f:0
Wiring diagram.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The yellow wire is for lights, but your version of the control module doesn’t have that function. Look on the populated side of the PCB to see that it's not connected to anything.

Solve your problem by starting with the test I wrote above. You can also do the measurements on the PCB if you think it's easier, but be careful not to short anything to the red or blue wire, otherwise it will be the end of the command module.

You can replace the command module with any 36v 4 wire LED control panel, or 5 wire one with lights function. They all work the same. You can even use the 24v one from Urban mover, except that the battery LEDs will be on all the time and it costs £39, which is way too much. Best to get a 36v one though.

Don't buy anything until you have done the test.

Topjohn100

Jan 22, 2019
Hi just wired the new command module in red to red /blue to blue /black to black /green to green as per original and two wires left over Brown and yellow .
Bike still not working lights flash on for a few seconds but that's all.
Any ideas

Regards
John

Attachments