UM36 Urban Mover for sale

wearypanda

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2007
I have not used my UM36 for two years, so it makes sense for it to go. It was bought in late 2006 and has only had one season of proper use. In great condition with mudguards.

Now for sale on eBay
Buyer to collect from north Wiltshire (near J17 of the M4).

Drop me an email if you have any questions. abailey@edeptive.com

Last edited:

wearypanda

Feb 4, 2007
Battery

Will the battery be ok after all that time ?
It seems OK, but I have not tried it on a long run as yet. I am no battery expert I'm afraid, so I cannot advise. I used the bike on a 10 mile round trip commute with a few hills and there was always enough charge for this.

I will try to use the bike on Friday for that trip and will let you know how the battery behaves.

Last edited:

wearypanda

Feb 4, 2007
UM36 Batteries

It seems OK, but I have not tried it on a long run as yet. I am no battery expert I'm afraid, so I cannot advise. I used the bike on a 10 mile round trip commute with a few hills and there was always enough charge for this.

I will try to use the bike on Friday for that tip and will let yo know how the battery behaves.
I have just spoken to Atmosphere Electric Bike Centre in Bristol (very helpful)who are an Urban Mover dealer. If the bike needs a new battery they can supply new NiMH batteries for £250. These batteies are readily available as some new UM bikes are supplied with these NiMH packs.

wearypanda

Feb 4, 2007
Battery seems fine

I did my 10 mile commute on Friday and there was still plenty of juice left in the battery. I do not thnk it is any different to when I was using it regularly. I guess that NiMH batteries may not deteriorate in storage.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I did my 10 mile commute on Friday and there was still plenty of juice left in the battery. I do not thnk it is any different to when I was using it regularly. I guess that NiMH batteries may not deteriorate in storage.
Eventually they do, but they're generally much more forgiving of being abandoned for a while than the Li-ion ones are.

Rog.