Up to £500 off Kalkhoffs from 50cycles

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Our January sale, which saw 15% off across our range of Kalkhoff and Focus electric bikes (and our Kalkhoff pedal cycles) has now come to an end. However, we can offer sustained reductions on certain models, with savings of up to £500. You can now pick up an excellent new Kalkhoff for as little as £1495 (the Pro Connect X24, worthy of a Nobel Prize according to one recent customer), with perennial best-seller the Agattu step thru also starting at £1595 for the 50cm model.

The Pro Connect X27 (winner of ExtraEnergy's City Comfort title) is reduced to £1995 - it's similar to the X24 but brings 27-speed Shimano XT derailleur gears and disk brakes, as well as the usual Xion direct drive motor (which, in a test run by a German electric bike magazine, out-distanced and out-climbed the Panasonic-equipped KTM eCross mounted in a Focus Jarifa) and energy recuperation functions. We're now updating both Pro Connect is Xion models with 2014 software for improved performance and display options.

The Bosch-powered Endeavour BS10 is now down to £2095 in the remaining sizes, the same price as the Sahel Harmony with NuVinci's automatic, continuously variable transmission and LCD display.

All prices include VAT & UK mainland delivery, 2-year warranty and support from the 50cycles team.

All these prices are live on www.50cycles.com and all bikes are eligible for interest-free finance over 12 months.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Some customer feedback about one of the bikes in our sale, the Pro Connect X24

A Kalkhoff ebike in 2014 and change back from £1500? I really couldn't pass it up without a testride so I popped into Tim's London shop recently and did a straight comparison between the X24 and that well-developed paradigm - the Agattu now with Impulse drive.

Both are excellent pedal-assisted ebikes but quite different in character the X24 feeling quite sporty and chuckable on the road whereas the Agattu rides almost limousine-like by comparison. In terms of the assistance each bike provides there's not a great deal to choose between them - it's the way its provided which surprised me.

A crank drive will almost certainly prove ultimately to be the more capable hill-climber yet this new Xion hub motor with torque and speed sensor feels very similar to a crank-drive on hills. If I had to compare the Xion with other hubdrives I've ridden its similar to the BionX, Storck Raddar and KogaSparta ION systems meaning its smooth and silent....but better.

The pedal assist is amazingly responsive to input and the bike always feels eager to go a bit quicker. I really cannot remember hill-climbing being this good on other hub drives but the crucial factor in such a comparison is price. I'm really not sure if a Storck, Bionx or Koga can be had these days for under £2K but this Kalkhoff is easily their equal and 50 Cycles are almost giving them away at the current sale prices.

This hub motor delivers the power seamlessly and soon has you believing you're riding a normal hybrid with the legs of a teenager. Its uncannily smooth.

Last edited by a moderator: