Upgrade a freego hawk

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Id like to know if its at all possible to upgrade my 250watt standard hub to a 500watt hub

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Id like to know if its at all possible to upgrade my 250watt standard hub to a 500watt hub
Yes it is Andy!
But if I was you I'd go for the 1000watt upgrade. Reason being, the 500watt motor is heavier than the 250watt motor, but not a huge amount more power, so that extra power gets largely eaten up by the weight. Also if I was to convert My wife's freego hawk again, I would just put on an entire kit! And not try to incorporate the freego components, it made the task much harder. To be fair though, I had a spare almost new 48v 13ah Dolphin battery doing nothing, so We only needed to buy the kit £130 eBay. The power now is fabulous, she didn't want more speed, just torque, but off course she got both, but she can wind the speed back anytime easily on the KT lcd3 if she desires. Photo below.

Good luck Andy

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Im having the hub upgraded, new lcd display with a Cyclotricity kit but keeping the same battery. The only downside is that the wiring etc will be in a bag instead of in the compartment under the battery

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Yeah We also had to put the 30amp speed controller and wiring in a bag where the old battery was, looks good though. Are you sticking with the original freego Samsung battery? 36v 10.4amp? What controller are you going to use?
Im having the hub upgraded, new lcd display with a Cyclotricity kit but keeping the same battery. The only downside is that the wiring etc will be in a bag instead of in the compartment under the battery
Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
The battery size is 36v and 15.6Ah. Regards controller i dont know what Cyclotricity use. The company thats doing the work are called The Electric Bike Company down Stoke on Trent

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
As far as i know the battery is staying in the same position as it is now.