Upgrade recs from the NCM Milano Plus?

amyja89

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Hi guys!

3k-4k budget. UK rider. Female. 5’ 3’’. ~85kg.

I currently have an NCM Milano Plus but have recently come into some inheritance and am thinking about treating myself to a new bike at a slightly higher price range. Any ideas of what to go for as a step up from the NCM? It's served me well tbh, maybe a little more range capability would be preferable.

graywok

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2019
PO11
Existing bike has a 768Wh battery which is pretty much the largest available on any commercially sold legal e-bike.
If range is primary concern, how far are you looking to go on a single charge?

amyja89

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Existing bike has a 768Wh battery which is pretty much the largest available on any commercially sold legal e-bike.
If range is primary concern, how far are you looking to go on a single charge?
The bike was a gift originally and I’ve stayed pretty ignorant to the spec side of things, so didn’t actually realise that, thank you!

If the range is about as large as I can realistically expect, I guess my question would be if there are any bikes with a similar size battery that offer anything of improvement in other areas vs the Milano Plus?

I basically want someone with more knowledge than me to tell me if there is something worth upgrading to while i have the funds, or whether I’m just getting itchy fingers for nothing !

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The bike was a gift originally and I’ve stayed pretty ignorant to the spec side of things, so didn’t actually realise that, thank you!

If the range is about as large as I can realistically expect, I guess my question would be if there are any bikes with a similar size battery that offer anything of improvement in other areas vs the Milano Plus?

I basically want someone with more knowledge than me to tell me if there is something worth upgrading to while i have the funds, or whether I’m just getting itchy fingers for nothing !
Your bike is already pretty good. If you have the 48v one, you'll find that you need to work much harder with a more expensive 36v bike. As above, put the money towards something more useful, like pay off your mortgage or buy a house.

Reactions: amyja89

amyja89

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really wasn’t aware of how good my battery situation was comparatively, so I think I’ll keep going with the NCM! Appreciate it.

Reactions: flecc