urban mover > purpose of controller link

Jonathan1

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Hi,
my urban mover has a pair of single white wires coming from the controller, which have male and female sockets, so act as an optional link for the controller. Any ideas what this link could be for. Could it be regenerative braking? or an enable/disable for the 15mph limit. As supplied, the link is not made. Bike does not appear to have regenerative braking, but would I be able to tell?. Motor does not cut out until > 17mph, I think.
thanks,
Jonathan.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It could be a limiter link, the Torq one is similar, and with that the connection implements the 15 mph limit. They might leave them unconnected at point of delivery.

Virually definite that it's not regenerative braking.

However, it's probably the connections for the torque sensor when fitted.

Last edited:

Jonathan1

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Thanks, There is a separate 3 wire connector, which I feel sure must be for the torque sensor. I think the white wire link must the the 15mph speed limit which they are conveniently not implementing. I can't really feel the motor cut out at any speed. Have found the manufacturer of the controller + web site + photo of mine, but sadly all in chinese, and even with help of google translator, there are no technical details for my particular one. Manufacturer is:
Translated version of http://www.lsdzs.com/
click on link at second group of chinese characters near top to see pictures.
regards,
Jonathan.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Afraid I'm none the wiser from that Jonathan. Seems like it is the limiter link though, since the three wire one makes sense for the torque sensor.