Urban Mover um33x

Martin McInulty

Just Joined
May 24, 2015
i have an urban mover um33x and the bracket/lock that secures the battery has broke. any advice on where i can get a replacement bracket to fit this model.

i am in the uk, done some basic searches on-line and does not seem to be any site for ordering spares.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
i have an urban mover um33x and the bracket/lock that secures the battery has broke. any advice on where i can get a replacement bracket to fit this model.

i am in the uk, done some basic searches on-line and does not seem to be any site for ordering spares.
I think your best bet is if you contact urban mover in the UK. I take it it's not still under warranty?

Martin McInulty

Just Joined
May 24, 2015
thx i have emailed them and phoned and left voice message. hope to receive a reply soon. was just that there site looks like it has not been updated in a long time

and yes well outside warranty now.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Hi Martin,

If you bought it from a professional seller, and you paid a substantial price, and you did so within the last few years, then you may still have some entitlement which your contract includes, as a matter of law, even though you're outside your warranty. It depends on the particular facts, and is a lot of hassle to pursue unless you know what you're doing. The other routes are try to buy the part from the seller, or charm them into giving it to you cheaply or for free, or (if you think you can do it in a way that the bike remains safe) try to build a fix yourself, or pay someone else to. Anyway good luck, hope you get a reply from the company.

Jonathan

Linfitter

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2012
Huddersfield

My bikes a Kudos King rack mounted battery which when i first got it I noticed a crack around the lock. Over the years this crack has expanded due to the shocks that it gets and on one of my later trips there was nothing much left of the housing holding the lock with a big piece missing. I fashioned a thin metal plate to hold what was left of the housing together and filled the gaps with Halfords Bumper Filler. I used this paste to further re-enforce the housing and I must say it has done a fine job setting hard. I have tested the repair by riding like the clappers down a largely unmade road which shook me to the bones and I think loosened one of my teeth but the repair has held up well with no further sign of cracking. Hope this post will be of assistance to you. Good luck

Reactions: jonathan75

AlieH

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2015
Just want to warn you about Urban Mover. The customer service is awful. If he contacts you at all, he will just try to sell you a new bike, or in my case another expensive battery, instead of coming to a simple solution. Sorry that I have to give you the bad news.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
If you paid for something costing over £100 with a credit card then your provider (ie Barclays or whoever, not Visa) has to cough up pro-rata for up to 6 years after the date of purchase, depending on how long the goods could reasonably have been expected to last, dependent on what's fair given the price. CCA s 75 (provider jointly liable with retailer for sale of goods act durability and fitness requirements). Actually so is the retailer but if you're not legally inclined then it's easier to just go to your provider.

AlieH

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2015
Another thought: if somebody has an old Urban Mover with a battery that is not working anymore, then we could try to join forces. You could get a bracket and I could get the part within the battery (I need the PCB). I need a faulty Urban Mover battery 26V/9Ah where I could take the relevant part from.

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Is it the clamp that wraps around the frame that has broken.
Can you do some photos of the bracket.

Last edited: