Used Optibike on Gumtree

Trevor Holloway

Pedelecer
May 4, 2010
Oh, dear its only a couple of miles from where I live.

I must not get tempted,
I must not get tempted,
I must not get tempted,
I must not get tempted !

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Yes, I think I saw that out on the road in Kingston once, shook my head and thought 'it couldn't be'.

C

Cyclezee

Sorry Trevor,

I think as a member of the Forum it is your duty to go and have look, then report back what is like to be the owner of an Optibike:D

J:) hn

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd love to know if he's selling it because he was nicked!

Seems odd to spend that much and get rid of it so soon.

garrence

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2010
I'd love to know if he's selling it because he was nicked!

Seems odd to spend that much and get rid of it so soon.
I wondered that.

Up around Sheffield there's a "problem" with kids on trail bikes, which is why trails have these blooming annoying metal contraptions to get the bike through.

Last month some kid went out on his brand new trail bike, got followed by the copper chopper and had it confiscated within hours of buying it!

The opti bike looks just like one of those trail bikes....

But I still want it.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
What an awful looking machine... :(

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree Daniel, I've always thought it a horrible design, an apology for a motorbike pretending to be a bicycle.

Completely impractical too, nowhere for tools, pump, spare battery or waterproofs, nowhere to carry goods/shopping etc, just a toy.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
it looks like a "chav-friendly" MTB - adding a fast motor to this is going to be a cop magnet..

a few months ago riding back at night saw two lads on similar (unpowered) bikes picking up scattered groceries (mostly sweets, yoghurts etc) :rolleyes: from the road, their bikes were on their side in the gutter and they looked very sheepish indeed...

its obvious what had happened though, they had been off for a smoke, got the munchies, been to the shop, and one of the lads had carried the bag on his handlebars due to lack of rack, panniers or other more suitable storage methods and in their stoned state one had lost control and the other crashed straight into him..

Thankfully Cheech and Chong and their bikes were undamaged and had just got a scare (I did slow down to make sure they were OK) - but my thoughts were you don't see the Dutch getting themselves into this sort of pickle :D

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
more like it shouldn't be its illegal
ECO mode of course one wouldnt want to bend the law would they!

Its a shame coppers can't be law abiding!
There always in the paper for beating or raping someone!

Last edited: