user friendly bike.

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
those folks who have read my posts about out of warranty ebikes and the time it may take to resolve a fault will understand my question,
which is ;

does anyone know of an ebike that, can used for everyday transport ,

has a good reputation for reliability,

does not have all the electronics /controller in with the motor so that fault
finding is easier and cheaper.

can be repaired without the need for a computer being plugged into it .

and has a good availability of spare parts which can be supplied to the
public.

thanks.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I believe you would be better off with a kit for serviceability - most electrical parts can be bought on the net, including battery and motor wheels.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Crank drive then a GSMoon without integrated controller and mount separate suitable one in an underseat tool bag. For small suitable then a KT a 36/48 dual voltage model.

For on road use a hub kit makes good sense, plenty options about and as Woosh has said parts are easier to get hold of and replace, 1 - 2 weeks if coming from China.

Ready made then Oxygen Cross bikes are popular other wise for good CS choose from the main sellers in here as they have a good rep, Kudos, Wisper , Woosh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Just about any Chinese made bikes fit that description. They include Oxygen, Woosh, Kudos, Juicy, Wisper, Freego, Volt, and many more

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
thanks everyone
looks like there is a good choice of bikes and kits that are suitable.
it is good when the solution to a problem is not the most expensive one !

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Good point Stevie. Also the majority of brands mentioned above have also been in the business for longer than most of the crank drive bike providers and understand the requirements of every day users. You will find they have a better stock of spares at lower prices than the more expensive offerings.

All the best, David

Reactions: stevieb