Vat,duty,postage. and carrier fees.

haggis

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2015
Fife
Has anyone dealt with BMS battery lately as I am considering buying a 48V 201 rev 800W Q128H and am keen not to pay excess charges especially to carriers for opening up to check value.
The alternative is that someone could sell me one
Can the suppliers deal with all fees so that we can just pay them.
Any help on clearing this up would be appreciated.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I don’t know if it’s relevant or not but I’ve just brought a new bosch motor from Germany.
I wasn’t charge any taxes at point of sale so I full expected to get charged at customs, and that’s where it is right now.
id tracked the shipment and could see it in uk customs for 2 days so I rang the original currier (DHL int), they told me it had been passed on to Parcel Force. Parcel Force then says I have to pay the taxes and I will receive a card with the details or I can pay over the phone tomorrow morning (Saturday) and I will be delivered Monday.
motor + shipping = £222
customs charges = £49.50
I’m happy with that, it’s cheaper than getting my broken motor fixed :cool:

Reactions: haggis

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
lol i have the same seller saved in ebay from years ago lets just hope it works :D

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
not to pay excess charges
Part of it now I am afraid, factor extra charges in if you pull the trigger. My main concern on larger items is incorrect paperwork, anecdotally this can hold up shipments indefinitely.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
lol i have the same seller saved in ebay from years ago lets just hope it works :D
OK, my NEW motor came today and it is new, there’s no signs that it ever had a chain wheel or crank arms fitted, al the splines are totally clean and unmarked.
sound wave, you’ll be so glad to hear, it works straight from the get go :p and it shows “zero” miles on my display. Total cost £272.06 what’s not to like ;)

Reactions: PC2017