Vertical holes on rear rack (light/reflector?)

TSargeant

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2021
So I am slowly attaching stuff to my bike!

However I have hit a snag. My rear rack has a tab on the back with two vertically oriented holes, 20mm apart at the midpoint.

At the moment, I’ve jammed on a rear reflector. It was a standard seat post mount one, and the quick release jaws *almost* fit around the metal tab. At the least, they provide enough grip to keep it in place.

Now I’ve read that 50 or 80mm horizontal holes are what you typically get on a rear rack. So I’m wondering if either I can get an adapter, or even better, if there are some rear lights/reflectors out there that will mount onto the 20mm vertical holes?

Really just hoping to find something out there that is “plug and play” without having to mess around creating my own adapter out of thin metal!

Thanks for any pointers!

Reactions: gsm.terra

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
So I am slowly attaching stuff to my bike!

However I have hit a snag. My rear rack has a tab on the back with two vertically oriented holes, 20mm apart at the midpoint.

At the moment, I’ve jammed on a rear reflector. It was a standard seat post mount one, and the quick release jaws *almost* fit around the metal tab. At the least, they provide enough grip to keep it in place.

Now I’ve read that 50 or 80mm horizontal holes are what you typically get on a rear rack. So I’m wondering if either I can get an adapter, or even better, if there are some rear lights/reflectors out there that will mount onto the 20mm vertical holes?

Really just hoping to find something out there that is “plug and play” without having to mess around creating my own adapter out of thin metal!

Thanks for any pointers!
like this? https://smile.amazon.co.uk/CatEye-Multi-Mount-Bracket-544-5620-Reflectors/dp/B005MMQBYU/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=rear+rack+light+mount&qid=1616197969&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMldGTUxEVlFJRkQxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTU5OTg4RDhVQUY5VkUwOExXJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxODkxOTAzNEI2SldTVkRXMEszJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==