Very confused - Looking for an electric bike

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
Hopefully you have secure & accessible parking / storage at both ends of your planned commute.
I actually do. Like otherwise you really can't use it can you?

Like if I wanted to bike down to central london to catch a movie, it just would be a terrible idea to use your electric bike right? Its a shame one can't use it that freely even if you lock it down.

I have test rode some bikes, and that damned Uber Jump e bike is the only one that I loved. The haibike was not bad.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this?

what haibike was it?

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
this?

what haibike was it?
Yea man thats the one. It felt light and mauneverable. Its very fast and gives you a big kick. Its purely assisted you can't change how much juice it gives you, but it was really great, imo. I have only ridden 4 e bikes, and it was the best ride of them all.

I'll have to call tomorrow to find out the exact model Haibike. It was pretty good as well. But very disappointed in Van Moof. Glad I test rode that before buying it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not my cup of tea id throw it in the canal lol if it was a bosch haibike they have a number of different motors and power.

i have the performance motor on my bike.

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
View attachment 30614

if you dongle it it will **** all over the freedom ;)
This bike does seem awesome. Love how it looks as well. The best looking bikes are mostly MTBs. So are these bikes cool to commute with?

How will this be for the commute?

my commute is mostly flat, and mostly roads.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you dont mind spinning the peddles then it will be fine if you dongle it you will need a bigger front sprocket other wise you will run out of gears.

for max speed you need to spin the cranks at 120rpm.

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
Yeah, I wanna dongle it. I won't do anything crazy, but I think I might need just a bit of an extra kick after test riding some bikes. Will test drive some eMTBs to see if they can do the job of a commute.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0448.JPG

it was a boiling hot day so was not trying much but you get the idea ;)

Reactions: nabs

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
Thats awesome man. Seems like you get some excellent range and speed. Can't wait to do the same. eMB?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
not my cup of tea id throw it in the canal lol if it was a bosch haibike they have a number of different motors and power.

i have the performance motor on my bike.
YOure probably right. I want something better. I am looking at haibikes. Their mountain bikes looks awesome.
View attachment 30627
That is a seriously sweet bike. The new XDuro line is really nice.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

R pedelec 850 W 75 km/h*
batt 880Watt

thats about the best you can get atm still 26kg tho!

more info here just sit down first lol.

Last edited:

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Dabs,

You are better off sticking to a bike from a mainstream manufacturer who can support, repair and service your bike and get any spares. Money doesn't seem to be an issue, so just get the best Haibike that suits you.They have a very good reputation.

By the way, a dongle simply removes the legal speed limit.

Last edited:

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
Dabs,

You are better off sticking to a bike from a mainstream manufacturer who can support, repair and service your bike and get any spares. Money doesn't seem to be an issue, so just get the best Haibike that suits you.They have a very good reputation.

By the way, a dongle simply removes the legal speed limit.
Yeah, I believe I am going to get a Haibike. Probably one of the hybrid ones or EMBs. They look fantastic.

Pretty excited about it!

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
View attachment 30628

R pedelec 850 W 75 km/h*
batt 880Watt

thats about the best you can get atm still 26kg tho!

more info here just sit down first lol.
Have you ever heard of pedalease?

seems pretty good

I didn't realise you run a bike shop. Maybe I could come down to it sometime on the weekend. The pedalease bikes can be put into UK road mode or private mode, to go extra fast.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Do you know if the battery can be disconnected? I am just wondering if I want that feature to charge it in the office, if I need to.
yes

Last edited:

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
That is perfect. Thnx!

How is this?

Apparently they are popular bikes fitted with motors that can go up to 28mph or even 40mph. I'm going to get my CBT, as all it requires is attending a course.

Do you think it would be better to get one of these beasts with a 500w motor, that can go up to 28mph and get my CBT, or get that Haibike you linked me with the Yamaha, and dongling it? I am going to do one of those two options I think. And thanks for the advice.