Very Light Folding Bike

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

When I was in China, I saw these, so I had a sample sent over for evaluation. I'm not kidding, it's the most stable and comfortable bike I've ridden for a very long time. It's wheels are only 16", and all-up weight is only 11kg. It only has single-speed gearing, which is just about in the right range for comfortable pedalling at about 12mph, but it's a little high for serious hill-climbing. The front light is automatic. It comes on half-brightness when gloomy, and full brightness as it gets darker. Battery is 10aH 24v. It's top speed is 20km/h

When I've finished reviewing it, I'll probably be selling it. Form an orderly queue.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I saw something similar on the TXED website last year.

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
How is the battery taken out for the first bike?

Is the rear hinge something that can be bought as a single piece? (if I want to build my own folder, for example).

D

Deleted member 4366

Its a secret!

Here's Steve (Saneagle) modelling the smaller one:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: saneagle

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
How is the battery taken out for the first bike?

Is the rear hinge something that can be bought as a single piece? (if I want to build my own folder, for example).
the steering comes off in picture No 3. There must be a plug at the front of the tube, a bit like on the annad bikes. Undo the front wheel then pull the battery out through the front.

Reactions: Arbol

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
For such a speed... isn't it better to just get a normal brompton or mezzo bike?

You'd be as fast without really breaking a sweat at 12mph??

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
This looks like a great find. Light enough to use on public transport and the fold would indicate it would be better balanced and therefore easier to carry than the conventional mid folding design. It would be interesting to hear your view on this as well Dave.
What sort of price would we be looking at to import one of these, it seems to tick a lot of boxes. Keep me in mind if you do come to sell it.

superDove

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshunt, Herts. UK
I wish I could make it a legal requirement for all folders to be able to roll when folded though. It goes a long way when transporting on and off public transport and I can't get my head around any design without it. I like their carry handle.

Brompton use a handle on their seat but if you change the seat things can get awkward.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
.. and may be a bit of Gambay style in his garage:

D

Deleted member 4366

You think the same way as me. As soon as I saw him ride it, I shouted out that he looked like a clown.

Reactions: saneagle

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
What's the folded size of the mini bike?

I recently moved and I have a commuting journey choice between 10 miles journey by bike or 0.5 miles by bike then train then 1.5 miles by bike again.

Bike would be parked on the street 8 hours a day monday to friday.

The mini might work although I'm in a serious lack of spare where I am now

C

Cyclezee

What's the folded size of the mini bike?

I recently moved and I have a commuting journey choice between 10 miles journey by bike or 0.5 miles by bike then train then 1.5 miles by bike again.

Bike would be parked on the street 8 hours a day monday to friday.

The mini might work although I'm in a serious lack of spare where I am now
With your luck cwah, I'd give it about a fortnight before it was nicked and used by a gang for a safety deposit box heist in London village:eek:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Is the right bit of the forum to sell off surplus equipment..
12 wheelie bins
8 blue boiler suits
8 hard hats
2 industrial grinders
2 h/duty rock drills
Climbing ropes and abseiling kit
Only used once,as new condition.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
ah it was a ginger wig then Dave.