Help! Very New to this sort of biking

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
No such thing as a silly question. Like Pete, I cycle year round. Reflective stuff (and good lights!) in the darker months is important in my opinion. I have a mixed bag of stuff that suits me, and I wouldn't get caught up with it having to be cycling related. After far too long I have eaten some humble pie and found cycling shorts great in the better weather (loose ones, not lycra - lycra wasn't invented when I first started riding, and I'm well past it suiting me), although the padding on inner shorts isn't for me - I prefer a decent saddle instead. I have a big winter coat (industry type clothing) that keeps me toasty if it's chilly, but on a day like today (11c) I'll be wearing an Altura Night Vision jacket, which is the one thing I did splash out on (even in a 50% off sale) and I rate this very highly. Layered up underneath with a tee shirt and lightweight fleece. Decent gloves - worth their weight in gold when it's sub zero. Waterproof over trousers are a blessing, although if I use them more than a dozen times a year I'd be surprised. I keep promising to buy some new ones (current are 20+ years old), and if/when I'm looking, I'll be looking for sealed seams, breathability (as oppose to sauna suit stylee), something to stop 'em riding up and possibly integral shoe covers if I can find any long enough in the leg.
Enjoy the new bike!

Gaz

Stuka

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 4, 2019
Crawley
So none of this flash cycling gear then :eek::cool: i will be going touring mostly on mine. I do hope I enjoy it. But next year will add a other bike a normal bike for that extra excise I need as I am type 2 Diabetic and want to lose as much weight as I can but I am looking forward this brand new world of electric cycling o_O:cool::)

Stuka

Mar 4, 2019
Crawley
I will not be doing a lot of winter riding it will be mostly summer riding i will be doing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you need a hand to set up/check your new buy over I can pop around to lend a hand , I'm in the Three Bridges area. No charge but love a cup a tea.

For cycle clothing I wear Tenn mtb thin light trousers with a knee zip to remove lower leg in hot weather, for tops a lycra looser fit zip front short sleeve top. If a tad chilly a base layer underneath to start with. Footwear is what you are comfortable with.

Stuka

Mar 4, 2019
Crawley
If you do not mind I would like that Neath that is very nice of you I will be ordering my bike the end of the mth So once I receive the bike how do i contact you. Again Thank you

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
I wear ordinary clothes on my ebike because there is no need for anything special. An ebike will give you as much exercise as you want. You merely adjust the amount of help it gives you. You can run with no assistance at all if you want. I have only ridden my manual bike for three miles since I bought my ebike last November and have cycled 380 miles on the ebike. I love the ebike but I really didn't enjoy riding the manual bike now I am used to the ebike.

Stuka

Mar 4, 2019
Crawley
Well as this will be my first e bike I will let you know what i think hope I will not be disappointed

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you do not mind I would like that Neath that is very nice of you I will be ordering my bike the end of the mth So once I receive the bike how do i contact you. Again Thank you
For personnel contact /details use the private' Inbox ' top RHS of screen for messaging.