Very very new to ebikes

LesG

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2023
Hi I am Les a 61 year old male who lives in a very hilly area in Lancashire and near the top of the hill at that. This means whenever I go out I have to struggle uphill to get home.
I thought the answer might be to buy an ebike

LesG

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2023
Hi Peter, thank you for the reply, I have tried that, but seems to be a blank webpage.
I am 61 years old 6 ft tall and weigh 12st 2lb

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Thanks Les - that's good, not too much weight for the motor to carry up hills ! Could you tell me a from and to postcode of a hilly route that you are likely to want to do ? (doesn't need to be your address but somewhere nearby)
I'm 59, 16 stone (and 6'4") and managed to pedal up quite a steep hill near me with a moderately powered rear hub motor, but putting in quite a lot of pedal effort (but I would not have been able to pedal up without help !) To be fair - I am a moderately fit and have done some cycling before

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Also - do you have an existing bike you want to convert or were you thinking of buying a ready made electric bike ?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Peter, thank you for the reply, I have tried that, but seems to be a blank webpage.
I am 61 years old 6 ft tall and weigh 12st 2lb
Les, at that weight just about any ebike will do what you want. Choose one according to how much you want to pay. If you're OK with fixing one, you can get one from Amazon or Ebay, and if you're not, you have to go to your nearby ebike shops to see what they have.

LesG

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2023
Sorry, I should have said in my introduction that I have bought a 2nd hand ebike and have a few problems with it which I have had some dialogue with on another part of this forum