Video Editing Software for PC.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The genuine GoPro quick release mounts are robust and reliable, and you can remove camera in just a couple of seconds. Their slide in slot has solid thick sides which will not let you down.

Beware the cheap alternatives which have the vital slot side pieces attached only at the ends, with gaps between. They crack and allow your expensive camera and evidence to go bouncing down the road.

IMG_20231009_091145055_HDR.jpg

Other laptop boxes are available.

They also have slightly different sticky pads, thinner, different red, different font, perhaps not the full 3 M! Still very sticky.

IMG_20231009_091040528.jpg

A trick I learnt from the GoPro surfboard mount is that a security string can be used around the mounting clamp bolt to save the camera if the mount fails.

These larger area adhesive mounts with secondary string mount were on offer when I bought extra batteries this summer, couldn't resist.

IMG_20231009_090909345.jpg

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I though I had it all sorted with an old Win7 desktop and Magix Movie Edit pro 10 until my daughter bought a Go Pro Hero11 and I soon discovered that my Magix could not handle 4k HD files. Had to covert them using Video Proc Converter which is free up to a certain file size. I did a whole mass of short clips to MP4 1080p. Now I need a simple program like Clipr to joint them up. Updating to a newer version of Magix is harder since it may not run on Win7!
Because I only ever shoot 1080P with my GoPro Hero 7 Black, I use plain old Sony Vegas (before Magix got their grubby mitts all over it)...but I've just now installed DaVinci Resolve 16.2.8 on Windows 7, which you can download if you wish from this page. Version 17 is incompatible with Win7. It can edit and export 4k video:

It won't improve my videos.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I will look out for a 1080p rear cam that aldi had last year for 40£ or so. Then review it perhaps.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I will look out for a 1080p rear cam that aldi had last year for 40£ or so. Then review it perhaps.
I was considering using my old Crosstour 4k as a rearward facing camera, but like that Aldi version, it doesn't have any in-camera stabilisation (if we're talking about the same one). I use the Crosstour to watch for the delivery guys - I was using a truly ancient Creative Labs VideoBlaster from decades ago for that purpose, which still works. I'm certainly not buying another Hero 7 Black, prices haven't reduced much on Cex. There may be better deals on ebay (when they're open to bidding as opposed to "Buy now"), but they won't be much cheaper, because Cex seems to consistently undercut ebay. Out of stock at MPB.com

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
it doesn't have any in-camera stabilisation
I seem to remember why I didn't bother last year, no gyro. Used prices on everything are all out of whack, I fear I could not trust ebay for a cam at least Cex has warranty. I have stuff to sell on ebay but I will mark it as used/faulty (working) for spares & repairs because I don't want any hassle with ppl claiming refunds etc. I have never sold anything on ebay in fact the last time I sold anything peer to peer was in the local rag classified when I was 14 lmoa ( a part from selling games & tech to music magpie/game/Cex)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you dont want to buy a knackerd inverter do you its cheap :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I fear I could not trust ebay for a cam at least Cex has warranty
Yep, that's the big Cex advantage when buying used gadgets... which has thus far prevented my buying cameras on ebay.... although there is the 180 day Paypal refund window to consider.

Image stabilisation is much more important when the camera is secured directly to the bike. Less jittery of course, if mounted to the chest or head. My Crosstour 4k did ok during the day chin mounted, it's useless for recording number plates at night.

If you buy a secondhand GoPro, you'll need to buy new batteries regardless of where you it from. Best to buy originals because the cheapo copies can't supply high enough constant current for 4k - of the three originals (new old stock) I bought on ebay last year, two still work great. The third looks like it might be on it's way out, initially was fine.

Still I need a cam, ideally one with a good battery or easy battery box extendable
IIRC @matthewslack attached a power supply, by cutting through the waterproof enclosure of one of his GoPros.

you dont want to buy a knackerd inverter do you its cheap :p
You never know - if it's repairable, sought after, rare, or out of production, you may be able to flog it on ebay for more than you expect?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not with 6 350v 1200uf near dead caps, gui has a fault cables potted as need the back of it to remove caps, it is just not worth it as only 2.6kw

25000hrs is the warranty mine has near 40000 never serviced bar me ripping it of the wall and apart and its like fkn 25kg :eek:

renewable tech has to be thrown away every 5 years and bought again the council has a big fkn bill coming :p

and if those twats think they cam dump this thing in someone else house i have deactivated it ;)

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
by cutting through the waterproof enclosure of one of his GoPros.
Aye, I do that with an 18650 battery box, a full 4 hrs on 1080p 60fps 64GB SD.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
could make a good batt box for charging batts tho fkn thing is a tank cant throw it in the bin as will brake it. :eek:

Reactions: PC2017

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231009_221830[1].jpg

they broke that port when they installed it as what connects to the panels bottom network cable port and top ac to consumer unit.

bolts are at back to remove top cover tho

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

we need more ppl like this, i think i can get 48v from that buck converter and try power it up :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

whats the password :p

Last edited:
Reactions: PC2017 and guerney

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i should go down the farness centre and have a go on there running machines.

i might brake the washing machine seems i cant wash bricks :p

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Windows 7 will be my final Microsoft OS. I've installed "Never 10":
The main issue with Win7 these days is more and more websites no longer work, BBC iPlayer for example has issues and the download offline is not supported on Win7.

Other websites such as Tinkercad don't behave as well as they used to and at some point the banks will render Win7 insecure etc. etc. Just like with Android, I can no longer run Teams on my Samsung S8+ phone...

I still run Windows 7 in Mac Bootcamp on my main laptop, too scared to upgrade to Win10 in case it fecks it and I have to redo it all....however it's inevitable at some point I will need to go Win10/11 when critical stuff stops working unless the laptop dies beyond repair first...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have win 10 on a imac no boot camp as the os it came with could not even get google to work lol and no boot camp either as to old :rolleyes:

win 10 is finished in 2024-5 and nothing i have can use win 11 either

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The main issue with Win7 these days is more and more websites no longer work
The only browser on Win7 compatible with AliExpress is Vivaldi, but this doesn't help because myself and AliExpress are completely incompatible - it's a platform enabling thieves, swindlers and fraudsters acting on behalf of the Chinese government to spread dysfunction and drain western wealth selling useless tat, in order to eventually dominate the world IMHO.

Sometimes switching off javascipt gets websites displaying content, if not, disabling CSS in addition. When reading news online, I do so with Javascript off: no popups. If the pop up doesn't go away, disable CSS. Delete cookies on exit...

BBC iPlayer for example has issues and the download offline is not supported on Win7.
Vivaldi might work with iPlayer perhaps? I don't iPlay, don't know. Also try Opera? And the other usual suspects such as Firefox.

I still run Windows 7 in Mac Bootcamp on my main laptop, too scared to upgrade to Win10 in case it fecks it and I have to redo it all....however it's inevitable at some point I will need to go Win10/11 when critical stuff stops working unless the laptop dies beyond repair first...
Me too, depressing isn't it? When the time comes, I'll resort to running Win10 in a VM on Linux first, on a fast PC.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
win 10 is finished in 2024-5 and nothing i have can use win 11 either
There are ways to bypass the TPM requirement. Voids the Win 11 warranty though lol (Microsoft small print).

They'll have to extend support, I think, like they did with Win7:

Not even the ghost of obsolescence can coerce users onto Windows 11
It's a great advert for Ubuntu anyway