Video of DaaHub

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Is it a bird is it a plane..... No! its the Wisper DaaHub!

Quite simply the best e bike I have ever ridden or owned...assists up to 37 Kph/ 22 Mph, it makes you feel 10-20 years younger and is a joy to ride (partnered to the right donor bike obviously)

Range with me at 16 stone and unfit is about 25 miles. For normal riding level 2-3 gets you anywhere you want to go including hills, level 3 is a nice compromise....... The smooth XT gears help of course, but have never come out of the large chain set. Then if you want some exhilaration you have 2 more levels off assist.

Here is a video of my son riding it: ( thanks to the gas gusslers for ruining it! lol)

wisper video | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

There will be a speed test video to follow:

alexk-il

Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2011
Northern Ireland
DaaFallus is daa fast beast!!! :) It does make some noticeable noise, however is is no that bad either.

Would be interesting to compare this to the video of your son riding the KTM on the same road.

Thanks for sharing

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
hi Alex, no its not noisy at all, just listen to 2 cars at end they sound like Harley Davidsons...its the camera/video accentuating everything thats is all:)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The point of video was to show that local hill was climbed without much loss of momentum...This hill kills my son on his road bike, and he hates going that way...... But with the DaaHub it is not a problem at all

clv101

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2010
Bristol
...assists up to 37 Kph/ 22 Mph, it makes you feel 10-20 years younger and is a joy to ride (partnered to the right donor bike obviously).
Looks great! I'm wondering about the 22mph? I thought these motors were geared to 15.5mph? Any idea why yours is so fast? Is it a 26" motor in those big wheels?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Looks great! I'm wondering about the 22mph? I thought these motors were geared to 15.5mph? Any idea why yours is so fast? Is it a 26" motor in those big wheels?
No you are correct, bike normally restricted. I derestricted mine, But will probably restrict it again as battery range probably suffering.....

Last edited:

alexk-il

Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2011
Northern Ireland
No you are correct, bike normally restricted. I derestricted mine, But will probably restrict it again as battery range probably suffering.....
You derestricted your bike and made a documentary video of your son illegally riding it on UK public road. I guess now he will be supporting you for the rest of his poor life :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Get over yourself and lighten up?

billyfish010

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2008
Hi Eddie,

The battery looks quite wide do you bang your knees on it when riding, especially up hills when most people turn the knees in a little.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi Eddie,

The battery looks quite wide do you bang your knees on it when riding, especially up hills when most people turn the knees in a little.
Not as yet Billy!

Just back from a weekend away at Slinfold. stayed at a CC site right on the "North Down way" in fact the office was the old railway station. It is a very nice route on old railway line that goes all the way to south coast. we just did small sections of it in a very relaxed manner. You share it with mainly groups of cyclists but walkers and horses as well as it is a bridle way

On Saturday morning I went into village to get a paper, to find the one tiny shop did not sell them (great pub with excellent food though) So it was a 3-4 miles to Tesco superstore, no problem and when I got back the old chap camping next to us (keen ex cyclist) asked where I had been, when I told him he said " your fitter then you look, you were not long!" I told him its an electric bike. To which he replied " electric bike? it looks nothing like an electric bike!":D

So wisper definitely on the right track with this bike! both bike performed very well, wife would not let me have a go on the Bosch she loves it.....:p