Viking Freedom parts, minus 10 !

The Bishop

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Hi everyone, new to this site,can you help me?
I have a Viking Freedom e bike (bad buy!) the motor hub has packed up(front wheel) and the people I got it from
Insyncbikes,Manchester the most unhelpful firm you could ever deal with,say they don't/ can't get any spare
Front wheels? But they sell you two bikes but don't tell you how bad their after sales service is.
Anyway....the wheel is 700c with a 36v motor 250w.
So if anyone can help.....oh yes, the connector only has 6 points ,I think?
Thanks
The Bishop.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Under what circumstances did the hub stop working, one needs to carry out fault finding first t come to a decision. Could be also be battery, PAS or controller causing an issue.

I remember a year or two ago someone berating a good ebike brand because of the crappy China components used after his bike failed, after some tooing and froing we go the truth out of him he left the bike out in the rain all day the battery couldn't swim.

So please let us know of any inane instance that may have occurred no matter how trivial.

The Bishop

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Under what circumstances did the hub stop working, one needs to carry out fault finding first t come to a decision. Could be also be battery, PAS or controller causing an issue.

I remember a year or two ago someone berating a good ebike brand because of the crappy China components used after his bike failed, after some tooing and froing we go the truth out of him he left the bike out in the rain all day the battery couldn't swim.

So please let us know of any inane instance that may have occurred no matter how trivial.

Hi I put the bike in the garage after a ride(working) I sprayed some WD 40 on the back wheel and some on the front

hi took the bike for a ride came home put bike in garage,put some WD40 on the back and front wheel(not on the motor hub) .Next day motor only came on every 10min and then for about 20sec. This went on for a week then stopped. The motor does not come on at all.
The motor hub on this bike is a sealed unit,no screws to undo to get at the motor,it does have three screws at the front of the motor but when removed this only let's you see a very small hole into the motor.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi ...because it doesn't work ,the battery is ok,the five setting for speed come on ,but when you peddle you get no assistance from the motor so I presume the motor?
The motor is the last thing I'd be looking at. You need to do some tests with a meter. Can you open up that bag thing and show us what's inside. If there's an aluminium box, drag it out and show us some photos of all the wires and connectors.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My first thought's are;
1. Do a vfr and check the hib motor connector is fully pushed home, it can be found about 20cm from the hub axle.( don't just look at it physically hold both parts and push it together).
2. Check the PAS sensor located under the BB in case the disc or sensor has been knocked out of line.