Violamart 250 watt 36 volt conversion kit

newmanoid979

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2023
Good EveningI have purchased a Violamart 250 watt 36 volt ebike front wheel conversion kit it works ok but my main problem is it has a 17amp controller and as i have 10ah batteries they drain after about 5miles my previous wheel a Hongze 250 watt 36 volt conversion had a a 7amp controller and lasted about 20 miles how wold i put the 7amp controler on the Violamart kit or where would i bee able to get a suitable 7/9 amp controller i do have a Brainpower controlller which is 13amp

kind regards

Bill

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
but my main problem is it has a 17amp controller
The 17A is the amount of current the controller can handle and not the amount of current it uses.

If you get very short range, in pedal assist mode, with you '10Ahr' batteries, maybe they are not charged properly or are no longer 10Ahr.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Good EveningI have purchased a Violamart 250 watt 36 volt ebike front wheel conversion kit it works ok but my main problem is it has a 17amp controller and as i have 10ah batteries they drain after about 5miles my previous wheel a Hongze 250 watt 36 volt conversion had a a 7amp controller and lasted about 20 miles how wold i put the 7amp controler on the Violamart kit or where would i bee able to get a suitable 7/9 amp controller i do have a Brainpower controlller which is 13amp

kind regards

Bill
Let's try and get it right. There are two ways the controller are specified: Rated current and maximum current. The rated current is normally 50% of the maximum. The one you said was 7A is 14 or 15 amps max, which is how much it will give all the time the motor is below half it's maximum speed and you're asking for maximum power. 7A is the rated current, which is the current it can handle for a very long time without overheating. The Voilamart one is 17A maximum, so rated at 9A. It's not a big difference, so I don't think that's the cause of your problem. The motor can make a difference. If it's a much faster one, it will draw the maximum current all the time you're riding at normal speed and asking for the max current.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Likely the battery has aged and not very good no more, as they age they lose capacity and range. If you use high power all the time then range will be very poor.

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
Good Day
Many thanks for your replies the Violamart wheel is rated at 250 amp but only seems to operate on full throttle
kind regards

Bill

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
Yes, they have bad control systems. I wouldn't recommend one. It's worth the extra money to get a kit with a decent controller. You can always change your one, but It'll cost about £60.
good evening i have the controller off my other bike its a-ffF02 KT36/48ZWSR i would like to fit this one off my old kit could point me in the right direction for wiring configuration brake & Pedlec im okay with molex blocks i am unsure off
kind regards

Bill

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
good evening i have the controller off my other bike its a-ffF02 KT36/48ZWSR i would like to fit this one off my old kit could point me in the right direction for wiring configuration brake & Pedlec im okay with molex blocks i am unsure off
kind regards

Bill
In principle, all controllers work the same. Unfortunately, a picture of an aluminium box with a label on it doesn't mean anything. It's the rest that I need to see.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us the wire colours .
Though if Kt follows std wire lay out one can join phase and hall colour to colour and should get a result.

Ext spd sensor R/W/Blk.
Throttle R/Blk/Blu.
PAS Br/Blk/Y
Brake R/Blk/Y

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
Show us the wire colours .
Though if Kt follows std wire lay out one can join phase and hall colour to colour and should get a result.

Ext spd sensor R/W/Blk.
Throttle R/Blk/Blu.
PAS Br/Blk/Y
Brake R/Blk/Y
Good morning
Many thanks for your reply the wiring configuration is for the KT controller

Attachments

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
Good Day Again
I also have a new Brainpoer Controller with the following wires
Kind regards

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Good Day
Thanks for your reply its the cables from the motor
kind regards

Bill
Something is missing. You didn't show any connections for the motor in your pictures, which is what we need to see.

This is how to show us what you've got. spread the wires out so that we can see them all and the colour of every single wire. All you're getting is questions instead of answers, which is wasting time and effort for all of us:

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you can get the KT working with the KT dispaly (if you have one) it will be better/more user freindly then the Brainpower.

If the motor still has the moulded Juet 9 pin connector connected simply buy a new 9pin cable to fit in between the controller and motor, however if the controller connections have been chopped off one will have to solder the nine wires colour to colour.

The last pic in the KT line up is the PAS and the one before is the throttle.

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
If you can get the KT working with the KT dispaly (if you have one) it will be better/more user freindly then the Brainpower.

If the motor still has the moulded Juet 9 pin connector connected simply buy a new 9pin cable to fit in between the controller and motor, however if the controller connections have been chopped off one will have to solder the nine wires colour to colour.

The last pic in the KT line up is the PAS and the one before is the throttle.
Good Afternoon
the Juet connector was fitted to my original wheel and took me over 25 miles unfortunately are no longer available which is why i ended up with the Violamat wheel would it be a case of matching up the colors , the Juet connector has 9 wire 3 power cables 1 blue ,1 green and 1 yellow there are 6 sensor wires 1 green ,1 black ,1 red,1 white ,1 yellow . 1 blue is there some sort of standard with controllers

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All of the hubs I have used have worked colour to colour , so generally their is a std wire colour sequence with the 9 pin julet connector.
That said sometimes some may be wired differently, if that occurrs then one has to try the 36 possible wiring combo's to get the best match.

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
I have 1 more question the Violamart controller has 6 wires going to the throttle and display but the KT controller has only 5 plus a separate display i have attached photos of the KT connections but i am unclear aboult what goes where
can anyone help
many thanks Bill

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The KT has a 5 wire connector for the LCD and a separate three wire one for the throttle. That birdsnest photo you showed hints at starling, but it might be sparrow.

6 wire throttles normally have black ground, red 5v, white throttle signal, green battery voltage an yellow and brown for the switch, so connect black to black, red to red and white to blue.

newmanoid979

Jun 11, 2023
The KT has a 5 wire connector for the LCD and a separate three wire one for the throttle. That birdsnest photo you showed hints at starling, but it might be sparrow.

6 wire throttles normally have black ground, red 5v, white throttle signal, green battery voltage an yellow and brown for the switch, so connect black to black, red to red and white to blue.
many thanks
bill