Vitesse e bike

Daisychain

Just Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone has comnents to make about Vitesse Pharos e bikes. I cant find any reviews. Being sold new from Go Outdoors for £800. It seems an improvement on my 2nd hand Elswick. Thanks

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Superficially, it looks okay to me. They don't tell you much, such as how many gears or the brand of the gearing/brakes, so I'd guess it's mostly generic Chinese parts... but there's nothing inherently wrong with that at this price. It looks like the usual King-Meter style LED control showing battery and power level only. The Samsung cell 11.6Ah battery is a fair size and quality. The front rack, colour-keyed mudguards, a stand and some form of lighting (albeit of limited use) are nice touches for this money. The image shows the battery not sitting fully into the rear rack as it seems the cables are short, which I'd want to check.

As always, there's no substitute for taking a spin on one to check comfort, sizing, and that it offers the assistance you need in a manner that suits you. Halfords, Decathlon, and Ebikesdirect offer similar dutch-style e-bikes at not dissimilar prices, which you may also want to consider.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's sub 1k so will like a lot of bikes be of generic china components mechanical and electrical, easy to repair and should the electronics go wrong less then £100 to replace everything (bar the battery & hub motor) to a better set up later on.
It will work and do the job for pottering around on and some railway track riding on decent ground.

The one main obvious fault I can see is the rear rack, it sits much too high and the bike will handle better if it was lower. With panniers loaded on the rear it will feel pretty terrible in handling.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I agree with most of the comments above. The brakes and gears are branded, but pretty basic.

from https://www.costco.co.uk/Sports-Spas-Leisure/Bikes-Scooters-Accessories/Electric-Bikes/Vitesse-Pharos-18-45cm-Unisex-E-Bike/p/359430
(I suspect the Costco and Go Outdoors bikes are the same)

ColourBlue
BrandVitesse
MaterialAlloy
TypeAdult Bike
E-Bike
Weight22.9 kg

Frame18" Alloy
ForkRigid Steel Chro Mo Fork
Number Of Gears7 Speed Shimano
ShiftersShimano Revo Shifters
BrakesetPromax V Brakes
Rims26" Alloy Double Wall Rims
Tyres26" x 1.75" Electric Bike Specific Tyres
SaddlePaddle Gel Comfort Saddle

No more details on the motor. Designed with a compact and light motor to keep the total weight down as much as possible without sacrificing power; it puts out the maximum EU-allowed 250-watt and can assist the rider up to a speed of 15.5mph.