Voilamart Front wheel kit

Kape

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2021
I have 2 of the rear hub kits and to give you an honest review of them i would say they are great for the money, there are a couple of drawbacks that i have found and will list them down below.

Pro's

Hub motor is great, powerful and will take over volting, i have 2 1500W motors and they have done about 5000 miles each
Both motors have taken in excess of 2500 watts and lived to tell the tale.
Controllers have 2 modes, 250 watt street legal and full power mode.

Cons
The hub has a lot of torque and is prone to rounding the dropouts if you dont have Torque arms but they are £10 to buy so not a massive downside, unless like me you ride it for a month with none while waiting for the cheaper deal arms to arrive from china and the hub rotates and you have to rewire the motor.

The handlebar throttle is susceptible to water ingress that sometimes means that the throttle will set off with no warning in heavier rain. easily fixed with a wipe of silicon around the the seals of the throttle.

Controllers Cons - this may not be an issue but it was for me as i over volted mine to 67 ish volts at full charge, the capacitors are rated at 63v, this eventually caused them to pop on controller 1
controller 2 was ridden for about 2000 miles and in heavy rain, eventually this had water ingress issues and popped which is understandable so make sure they are kept dry

I change the controllers for KT26/48v controllers and they have had no issues running for 8 months solid giving me a riding speed of up to 40 mph with no over volt
When you say wipe of silicone do you mean the one used for bath edges or the grease? Much appreciated

Battenhall

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 6, 2020
I didn’t install rim tape. It has an inner tube. Nylon tire, alloy rim & stainless steel spokes. I just measured the rim diameter from edge to edge going through the centre using a tape measure, it was near 23”. Perhaps that’s the reason why the tyres don’t fit. Does this mean that I need to buy 24” tyres instead? Here’s is the link to the kit so you have all the details:
Take it to your local bike shop and let them measure and supply the correct size tyre.....