Volt metro or A2B kuo+ ?

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Finally have made mind to buy one of these. Both are in similar price range. Volt is 1 kg heavier but 1Ah extra with suspension and disc brake. Anyone has any opinion, reviews?

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Just finished the test ride volt metro. Kinda like it. :) Motor is quiet powerful even on level 3. I was flying at 9mph just pressing the pedal slightly. Break is also responsive . Push Throttle on left side took me to 12mph within seconds. There is no jerky feeling while riding. Didn't have a chance to test the suspension extensively. Seat was comfortable. Steve was really helpful explaining the features and took me personally to test ride. Another plus is the battery is upgradeable to a 16ah for £200, battery looks sleek too. Steve said on level 3 its possible to hit 40 miles realistically. 2 year warranty. Although its 1.5kg heavier than kuo it didnt feel that heavy due to the small form factor. Only down side is the design. Kinda funny looking. But its just my preference.

Going to have a ride kuo+ tomorrow and i think i kinda give a break of my hunt of ebike for now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott clarke

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
One thing noticed, pedalling sensor was kind of instant and not at the same time. Dont know if anyone else noticed the same thing....

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
I have had my metro for 3 years now it's solid and dependable. The front light is a bit underpowered though it's a generic one and is the standard on most e bikes. I would have preferred if the back brake was also a disk though the V brake does the job. It's also very easy to set to off road mode if you feel the need for a bit more speed.

The Guys at Volt have given me good service the couple of times when I needed it.

Reactions: tapash

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I have had my metro for 3 years now it's solid and dependable. The front light is a bit underpowered though it's a generic one and is the standard on most e bikes. I would have preferred if the back brake was also a disk though the V brake does the job. It's also very easy to set to off road mode if you feel the need for a bit more speed.

The Guys at Volt have given me good service the couple of times when I needed it.
Many thanks. I ended up buying 2 volt metro. One for me and another for my wife. Ridden for 2 days now. Liking it so far.

Btw how do you setup the off-road mode? Can you please post steps to do it? By doing so Does it void warranty?

Last edited:

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
Many thanks. I ended up buying 2 volt metro. One for me and another for my wife. Ridden for 2 days now. Liking it so far.

Btw how do you setup the off-road mode? Can you please post steps to do it? By doing so Does it void warranty?
Give the dealer who sold it you a call he will tell you.

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
You do it via the LCD screen. Yours screen is a the updated version though I suspect it still the same. Hold down the menu button until a 2nd screen appears adjust the no you will see using your up button on mine it goes from 26 to 28. The screen will then revert back to normal. Depending on your weight you will get a bit more speed. I get up to 22mph.
It will however void your warranty if you have a problem though it's easy to revert back to the factory setting.

Reactions: tapash

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
You do it via the LCD screen. Yours screen is a the updated version though I suspect it still the same. Hold down the menu button until a 2nd screen appears adjust the no you will see using your up button on mine it goes from 26 to 28. The screen will then revert back to normal. Depending on your weight you will get a bit more speed. I get up to 22mph.
It will however void your warranty if you have a problem though it's easy to revert back to the factory setting.
Thanks!! Great tips. So, if I have any problem after changing the settings and I revert it back to default settings later, would the shop be able to find out what the settings were?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I guess not.
But did you test ride the Kuo+ before buying the Metro though?

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I guess not.
But did you test ride the Kuo+ before buying the Metro though?
No, I didn't. I was waiting for 10 days to get the stock and still the shop did not get back to me till now. So, I realise volt was the way to go.... and I am happy with it TBH.

On full charge on pas 5 It easily takes me to 19mph. The price was £50 extra than kuo+ but battery was double on volt for that, I have got 16AH one. I did already 42 miles on constant PAS level 5 and frequent throttle at traffic lights and the battery still shows 2 LED out of 5.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
did you get a good deal for buying two?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's good. They come with 2 years warranty as standard.
so did you weigh the Metro with battery?

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
that's good. They come with 2 years warranty as standard.
so did you weigh the Metro with battery?
I didn't really weight it as such, just took it for granted what says on the website. So with a 16AH battery it comes 22.9Kg. Its on the heavy side. but if the battery is removed it becomes a bit lighter to carry up the stairs. But its still heavy :)
But TBH, after searching for such a long time, metro really ticked all my boxes like good battery life, rack, mudguard, folding, puncture resistant tyre, mix of disc & v-brake, + 2 year warranty, good looking (could be better)., Therefore I did not hesitant to go out of my budget of extra £350. I thought because of all these plus points weight can be little on the heavier side and I would have to accept it.

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Ummmm... No joy derestricting the speed. By pressing M button for long time really doesn't do any change on the screen. .. I pressed like 20 sec. ... Any idea?