Volts & Amps.

Dawes700

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2015
I bought an Alien Ocean conversion kit for my Dawes Galaxy following 2 replacement knees.
Simple question.
I now need to replace the battery - 36v 10Ah, and have found several under the Ali Express banner.
What effect, or damage would result from replacing with 36v 12Ah or even 15Ah please? I'm pretty sure, but not certain that the motor is 250 watt.
Thanks.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I bought an Alien Ocean conversion kit for my Dawes Galaxy following 2 replacement knees.
Simple question.
I now need to replace the battery - 36v 10Ah, and have found several under the Ali Express banner.
What effect, or damage would result from replacing with 36v 12Ah or even 15Ah please? I'm pretty sure, but not certain that the motor is 250 watt.
Thanks.
A larger capacity battery will give you increased range. This is analogous to fitting a larger petrol tank on your car. No damage will occur from using a battery with a greater capacity than your current one.

D

Deleted member 4366

Any 36v ebike battery will work with that kit.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Simple question.
Thanks.
Ali Express could be a bit of a lottery when buying a battery.

An alternative could be to have it recelled by BGA Reworking, using top quality cells. Try dropping them a line to see if this fits in with your budget. They are UK based, and Jimmy is usually yer man for contact.

Remember, if you receive a crap quality battery from China, then you've usually got little back-up if it goes tits up.

Dawes700

Mar 7, 2015
Ali Express could be a bit of a lottery when buying a battery.

An alternative could be to have it recelled by BGA Reworking, using top quality cells. Try dropping them a line to see if this fits in with your budget. They are UK based, and Jimmy is usually yer man for contact.

Remember, if you receive a crap quality battery from China, then you've usually got little back-up if it goes tits up.

Dawes700

Mar 7, 2015
Thanks for that. I've spoken to Jimmy and, as you say "he's yer man."
Dwes 700

Dawes700

Mar 7, 2015
D

Deleted member 4366

I'd be surprised if they still have those batteries after the weekend at that price.

• Agree
Reactions: D8ve