Voodoo Zobob E

Chamzamzoo

Just Joined
Feb 12, 2016
As this seems to be the closest thing to a Zobop E owners group, I thought I'd share a tip and ask a question.

The dropper post cable rubs on the suspension linkage, but you can undo it and feed it the inside suspension link and zip tie it to seat post to avoid this.

Anyone thought about going tubeless? Ghetto or otherwise?

The tips about the brakes are really useful, thanks.

ejstubbs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2018
Having returned this afternoon from an outing on the Zobop E with my *ss and back encrusted with rapidly congealing Edinburgh hills crud, I'm wondering whether anyone has had any success fitting a larger rear mudguard than the RRP Enduroguard that I've got on there at the moment? (To be fair, I fitted the Enduroguard largely to protect the rear suspension linkage and it seems to do that pretty well.)

Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
As this seems to be the closest thing to a Zobop E owners group, I thought I'd share a tip and ask a question.

The dropper post cable rubs on the suspension linkage, but you can undo it and feed it the inside suspension link and zip tie it to seat post to avoid this.

Anyone thought about going tubeless? Ghetto or otherwise?

The tips about the brakes are really useful, thanks.
What I did was, disconnect the dropper cable at lever end, pull the cable through the frame to remove all unneeded cable at the dropper post end, then cut the spare outer cable off near the leaver and cur the cable to suit. Nice neat tidy cable and no saggy bits rubbing on frame.

TrickKit

Just Joined
Jan 17, 2019
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have owned a Zobop E for a few month now. It's undergone a few changes, 160mm Yari's on the front, Shimano 501 4 pot brakes, Saint discs and new wheels with DT Swiss M582 rims. I have to say it was the price that swung it for me in the end. i was looking at several bikes and spec wise nothing came close. Fit wise it's near perfect, the Moustache I tried felt too short. Handling wise I like the extra weight, with the plus size tyres it feels more planted, it feels as good as my Commencal Meta.

Alot of people knock the Voodoo brand, but this frame is made by Kenisis, you can see the full details here, http://www.kinesis.com.tw/en/product-548855/I8615-2018-27-5-Plous-Bosch-Cx-Suspension.html and the spec is really good value for money. Q uite possibly the bargain of the century if you ask me.I'll post up some pictures when the weather's better and it's had a clean.

Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Done well over 1000 miles on mine now, mostly trail/off road and it hasn't missed a beat, nothing wrong with the Voodoo brand for quality and value, hard to get that level of spec for that price.

Related Articles

Advertisers