Voodoo Zobob E

voodoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2018
Gloucester
Hi.. New member here. Been on the look out for an ebike for a while now, have tested several bikes/systems. Seen that Voodoo have just released there first ebikes I gave the Zobob a try.. Bosch CX drive, 500 battery, dropper post, 27.5+ tyres. £2700. Halfords had 20% of ebikes, combined with BC discount and cashback, I couldn't refuse and ended up paying about £1,850. Bike is now sat in my living room, fully charged, waiting for it's first trip out tomorrow... and I can't wait!!

voodoo

Mar 30, 2018
Gloucester
Hi.. New member here. Been on the look out for an ebike for a while now, have tested several bikes/systems. Seen that Voodoo have just released there first ebikes I gave the Zobob a try.. Bosch CX drive, 500 battery, dropper post, 27.5+ tyres. £2700. Halfords had 20% of ebikes, combined with BC discount and cashback, I couldn't refuse and ended up paying about £1,850. Bike is now sat in my living room, fully charged, waiting for it's first trip out tomorrow... and I can't wait!!

Attachments

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
Looks great let us know about the specs and ride when you get time :)

edit: quite similar to something I was looking at but without the import duty/vat and legality issues, so I'm interested

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

voodoo

Mar 30, 2018
Gloucester
great first ride today done about 20 miles. mixture of roads and woods. loved the power of the Bosch motor, but was a little scared when coming to wash it. now I'm back home, I want to get back on it.

Attachments

Reactions: Kristoffer Hansen

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Being a mountain biker for many years who is now getting on a bit and can't quite keep up the pace these days with the dodgy old knees, so I also took the plunge and after many hours reading up on all the bikes in my budget I went for the Voodoo Zobop because of the reasonability good spec components .. Son also owns the non electric Zobop and that has prooved to be a great bike over the last 18 months on the trails, I would even say it was better than my Boardman FS pro.
Having now done 150 miles + on the Voodoo all I can say is wow, what a bike, deep energy sapping muddy trails .. no problem, steep hills in the forest.. not found one I couldn't ride up yet and coming down the other side, I like the extra weight it feels really planted and still able to throw it about a bit (although the arms and shoulders knew about it next morning)

Love it and I took it out last Sat to do a range test. Trails, canals some steep hills and some road. I got to 44 miles and my body battery ran out, the bike was still showing 6 miles left in the battery ..

voodoo

Mar 30, 2018
Gloucester
hey great to hear from another Zobop owner, glad you are enjoying the bike.

I've just gone over the 100 mile mark on mine and loving it. Been up the woods tonight straight from work thrashing it about.. handles great and grips well with the plus tyres.. Surprised at how much I'm using the dropper post.. Glad it had the 500 battery.. I'm not getting the range as you, but live in a very hilly area and I'm a bit of a lump, so can't grumble.. It's on charge now, ready for tomorrow!

Already own another Voodoo so agree on them being great bikes..

20180413_215548.jpg

Please keep us on updated on how you are getting on with the bike!

Reactions: DavidWylie

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
As you we also own another Voodoo, my son has the Voodoo Zobop non electric and that's been a great bike on the trails for the last 18 months, I'd even say its better than my Boardman FS that cost reasonably more.
I use mine on Tour and Eco most of the time only switching to eMTB when I hit a hill that gets my puffing a bit, I think that's why I get the miles. Using it in the forest on eMTB I recon I get about 25 miles+ on it.
I have just took the plunge and added Slime to the tube, I heard that those tyres can be a Bas***d to get off the rims, so hopefully it will help with the punctures this year (tubes on the Voodoo are Presta valves, but with a removable core, so easy to get the slime in)
Loving it, yet to use it in anger, but now the weather is improving I hope to get out and throw down some hillsides :)

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Also Made a few additions .. Bottle cage on bars and a couple of mudguards, I found when up on the pedals I was getting a face full of crap .. Rear mudguard really helps to keep shock and battery cleaner. IMG_1362.jpg IMG_1363.jpg IMG_1364.jpg IMG_1365.jpg

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
I was in halfords the other day and I had a quick look at them and for the money they look a fab buy and I bet halfords will sell a truck load.

Reactions: DavidWylie

ejstubbs

Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2018
Has anyone managed to see one of these in a shop before placing an order?

I went in to my local Halfords today and asked about it and they said I'd have to order one. I'm a little reluctant to do that. I don't know what Halford's policy is about returns of bikes ordered unseen (though you would think that a sensible company would have to be pretty flexible about things like that). And as I'm not sure which size would be right for me, there's a chance that even if I did like the bike, it would be the wrong size. (I'm 6ft with 34" inside leg, but I tend to prefer mountain bikes on the smaller size. I rented a Trek Powerfly the other weekend and the 21.5", while a lovely ride, felt a bit large for me.)

I might pop in to the Cycle Republic near work and see if they can be any more helpful.

Reactions: LeighPing

ejstubbs

Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2018
Steve, thanks for giving me some hope that I might yet get to see one in a shop! Yes, there are other Halfords locally. I'll definitely give them a go if the Cycle Republic near work can't help.

ejstubbs

Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2018
Popped in to a different Halfords this morning and they told me the Stirling branch has the Zobop E in stock. Confirmed with them over the phone and went up there for a test ride this afternoon. Very impressed! Just need to sort out the money side of things...

In theory I can get 10% off in store using a voucher that I get through my AA membership. However, I note that the voucher says "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer". Given that the Zobop E is part of their "10% off all electric bikes over £1,500" promotion, does this mean that the voucher couldn't be used?

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Popped in to a different Halfords this morning and they told me the Stirling branch has the Zobop E in stock. Confirmed with them over the phone and went up there for a test ride this afternoon. Very impressed! Just need to sort out the money side of things...

In theory I can get 10% off in store using a voucher that I get through my AA membership. However, I note that the voucher says "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer". Given that the Zobop E is part of their "10% off all electric bikes over £1,500" promotion, does this mean that the voucher couldn't be used?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Join British Cycling and get 10% off, a saving of £115 when you take in the membership fee. Plus you are also insured.

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
I can't see why the voucher can't be used. I have used my 10% British cycling discount on my Boardman FS Pro last year that was discounted 10% by Halfords.

Related Articles

Advertisers