WANTED Charger for SLA UM36

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
MY charger is dead. It's from an Urban mover, urbanglider UM36.
If anyone has 36V 1.5A Charger for an SLA Battery I could purchase, i would be grateful!

thanks
Martin

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Try Ebay

Hi Martin,

These are available on Ebay, It's just a matter of purchasing one with the correct plug.

Try Ebay item no. 140252454368 Seller Wheelcare(UK)Ltd £33 including P & P. This one has a coaxial plug same as on the back of a telly.

Or Ebay item no. 330254153905 Seller Fireworks and scooters direct, £29 including P & P. Fitted with a 3 pin XLR plug. (Like a microphone plug)

The charging amps are a little higher, but will do the job just fine.

Regards

Bob

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
Cheers Bob, it has the xlr connector.
You are sure the extra charging amps 2 instead of 1.5 doesn't do any harm?
Excuse my ignorance i only just bought the bike off someone so know next to nothing at the moment!

thanks
Martin

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi Martin,

Yes it will be OK, In fact, it will charge your batteries a little quicker!.
Fast chargers will of course shorten the life of SLA's, but 2 amps is nowhere near that of a fast charger.

I have several chargers all of which are around 1.5 to 2 amps, and no they are not for sale!

Hope this re-assures you.

Regards

Bob

Last edited:

JK1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 26, 2008
MY charger is dead. It's from an Urban mover, urbanglider UM36.
If anyone has 36V 1.5A Charger for an SLA Battery I could purchase, i would be grateful!

thanks
Martin
If you haven't resolved this yet I see that Valley Scooters in Bolton claim to supply all parts and accessories for certain electric cycles which specifically includes the Urban Mover. I hope I do not offend by posting its URL: ELECTRIC BIKES - Valley Scooters Bolton tel: 01204 532183.

I cannot vouch for the company but may visit it for a browse when I'm next in Bolton.