Was considering a Halfords bike and suddenly now looking at a Scott Ebike for the wife!

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
After every ride I have soreness at the back of my heels. Please don't think that the Achilles is doing nothing while ebiking; it's doing plenty even though it feels like nothing when you're doing it. Just make sure she's careful.
Check you setup, seat might be a bit high and you are over extending.

Reactions: topographer

Donnie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 13, 2017
Bedford, UK
Well we did it yesterday, first time for both of us using an ebike and I really enjoyed it!
We did the whole circuit of Grafham water which was about 10 miles in 1.5 hours which considering shes not been on any bike for about 15 years and had an achilles tendon repair 6 months ago is pretty good!

Its given her more to think about for sure, I think shes still nervous and worried about shelling out 2 grand and then not using it :-(

Reactions: Gaz

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well we did it yesterday, first time for both of us using an ebike and I really enjoyed it!
We did the whole circuit of Grafham water which was about 10 miles in 1.5 hours which considering shes not been on any bike for about 15 years and had an achilles tendon repair 6 months ago is pretty good!

Its given her more to think about for sure, I think shes still nervous and worried about shelling out 2 grand and then not using it :-(
Shelling out the 2k, gives 2000 good reasons to use it... It works for me...

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
i spoke to a woman who had just purchased a freego step through, with which she was very pleased and had also ridden a whisper.
as far as I recall it had mudguards etc and was £1200
bought from the far earth dealer in hitchen, also said customer service was good