Washing Carrera Crossfire-E

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
Is it safe to wash Carrera Crossfire-E using water and hose? My Crossfire-E has got dirty with mud and I was wondering what the best way to wash an electric bike. Please advise.

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Is it safe to wash Carrera Crossfire-E using water and hose? My Crossfire-E has got dirty with mud and I was wondering what the best way to wash an electric bike. Please advise.
Very carefully I'd say. :)

Personally, I wouldn't use a hose myself. Water would be pressured into places that it wasn't welcome. Perhaps a damp sponge and a bucket of soapy water would be better placed. Followed by a nice lube up. :)

• Agree
Reactions: IR772

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
  • Useful

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My first ebike wasn't treated well by the standards of some on here. It was rarely cleaned through 3 winters but was hosed down regularly. The fork stations ended up with a few rusty marks but the frame and all other external bits were as good as any other 3 year old mtb and still looked good when polished up.
My view is that you can put as much elbow grease on it as you want . Or not as the case may be.

• Agree

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I take it you live alone! I would end up living in the shed if I brought one indoors looking like that.[emoji41]
No, I've been happily married for 35 years. :)

My bikes live alone in the garage. Occasionally I drag them into the hallway for some maintenance. Anyway, I bought her a dyson for her birthday.. :D

• :D
Reactions: IR772 and awol

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I bought my mrs a dyson but only forgot to tell her where the on button is.
More important is the off button, they make far to much noise.

• Agree

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
No, I've been happily married for 35 years. :)

My bikes live alone in the garage. Occasionally I drag them into the hallway for some maintenance. Anyway, I bought her a dyson for her birthday.. :D
I bought mine a vacuum for our first wedding anniversary.. Wont do that again!!
Just being pedantic here.. How can bikes (plural meaning more than one) live alone (singular) in the Garage(singular). How many garages do you have?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Just being pedantic here.. How can bikes (plural meaning more than one) live alone (singular) in the Garage(singular). How many garages do you have?
They're one entity. One love. We are not amused etc.

Definition of collective. 1 : denoting a number of persons or things considered as one group or whole.

Pedantry.. :p

D

Deleted member 4366

Water and ebikes don't mix. Keep the water away from any electrical parts. Probably best not to clean your bike if you can avoid it. Just keep the working parts like chain, sprockets, derailleurs and cables lubricated.

Definitely don't use a hose or any other water spray method.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
  • :D
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and IR772