Waterproof phone cases

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I’m looking for a good but reasonable waterproof phone case to clip onto my handle bars so I can access my route planners app without fear of destroying my iPhone in the first down pour.
I’ve looked on eBay and the array of different types all at good prices ranging from as low as a fiver upwards. I need to be able to still use the touch screen without removal.
What do others advise or have which they are pleased with?
Input greatly appreciated.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I'm very pleased with my £125 pound waterproof Chinese android phone. Seriously, it may be worth getting a cheap waterproof phone (with decent GPS) and using that; it will also reduce risk of damage to your expensive phone in case of accident.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
iphones have been waterproof for some time. Mine is an 8 Plus which sits on my ebike and on my motorbike in all conditions and is fine. I think even the 6 is waterproof in that it will withstand rain but not dropping in a pool.
Mike

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
When you put them in a case, it's difficult to see the screen when it's sunny. I prefer to keep mine in my pocket and listen to the instructions through headphones.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I’m looking for a good but reasonable waterproof phone case to clip onto my handle bars so I can access my route planners app without fear of destroying my iPhone in the first down pour.
I’ve looked on eBay and the array of different types all at good prices ranging from as low as a fiver upwards. I need to be able to still use the touch screen without removal.
What do others advise or have which they are pleased with?
Input greatly appreciated.
I would have guessed that "clingfilm" would do the job of keeping water off and allowing the screen to react, plus its clear and seethru! And very cheap!!
Has anyone tried it?
Andy

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I would have guessed that "clingfilm" would do the job of keeping water off and allowing the screen to react, plus its clear and seethru! And very cheap!!
Has anyone tried it?
Andy

It didn’t work as the bacon sarnies it was wrapped in obstructed the screen.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
iphones have been waterproof for some time. Mine is an 8 Plus which sits on my ebike and on my motorbike in all conditions and is fine. I think even the 6 is waterproof in that it will withstand rain but not dropping in a pool.
Mike
iPhone 5s so non waterproof. Funnily enough I was going to upgrade to an 8 before I bought the bike.
Cheap Chinese cover by the look of it.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
I use a cheap phone holder of the clamp type for my iPhone 6 then if it rains heavily I put it in a small zip lock bag in the clamp.