Website update

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I don't know what everyone else sees but on my iPad, each time I open my link to the forum I can clearly see a link to the latest forum posts on the r/h side just below the advertising banner, it's easier than the old forum.
What I'm missing is an ignore thread button ;)
image.png

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know what everyone else sees but on my iPad, each time I open my link to the forum I can clearly see a link to the latest forum posts on the r/h side just below the advertising banner, it's easier than the old forum.
View attachment 28258
That's not quite the same though. For example, I just used the New Posts link which showed me three posts. I then visited two of them. Then I tried your Latest Posts link and that showed me the same three posts again, including the two I'd already seen. A refresh didn't correct that.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
View attachment 28258
Yes we know all that,
but if you`ve finished reading a thread you don`t immediately have a `New Posts` tab - you then need to navigate to Menu, a sidebar slides out from the left, scroll down in there to New Posts - its a bit of a faff

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I noticed that I don’t stayed logged on anymore even though the stay logged on box ticked. Every time I visit the site I have to log in. Very annoying
Much the same here. I stay logged on on the PC but not on my iPad - strange.

Jim

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Yes we know all that,
Don't throw your toys out of the pram, I don't know what you know, how would I ? I'm not your enemy !
I only ever log in via my iPad, probably once every day ot two.
Latest posts / new posts, if it's been 24 hours since I last looked what's the difference.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Russ, I think if you put in a top horizontal menu option with the link to new posts you would make a lot of people happy. Looking at the code it is a pretty basic thing to do.

Electric bikes - kits - emtb - road/commute - new posts

Something like that might work in about the same amount of screen real estate.
HI anotherkiwi,

I've temporarily added a "What's New?" link as per your suggestion.

I'll have a chat with the developers next week to see if there is another solution.

Thanks
Russ.

Reactions: D C

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Works for me Russ.

• Agree
Reactions: D C

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I get the same problem in staying logged in. Have to relogin every time I open my browser. Win7, Chrome Browser, on laptop. presumably this is a cookie being deleted ? I don't run any cookie cleaners or ad blockers

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
H
Sorry you don't like it, it's quite difficult to find a design that pleases everyone.

This update has been a huge change so it wasn't possible to keep the same look and feel. We're still working on it and it will probably take a few more weeks to get everything bedded down even with all the testing that was done beforehand.

Thanks
Russ.
Are the upgrades complete?
If so, how do you ignore threads that you are not interested in

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
H

Are the upgrades complete?
If so, how do you ignore threads that you are not interested in
Hi,

No, there are still a few forthcoming changes.

The ignore threads feature unfortunately hasn't been updated to work with XenForo 2 yet so we're waiting for the developer to update it.

Thanks
Russ.

Reactions: E-Wheels

Advertisers